Mastercard Airport Experiences
Provided by loungekey.
Turn the airport into a destination
Over 1,400 lounges await
Turn the airport experience from an endurance to an indulgence, with complimentary food, drink and much more.
Locate dining, shopping, and spa offers
From duty-free shops to designer boutiques. From sushi restaurants to spas.
On the go? Download the app to locate lounges and offers.
Mastercard Travel Pass
About this app
Ratings and reviews
- Flag inappropriate
- Show review history
App support, more by dragonpass company limited.
How new World Elite Mastercard benefits can elevate your next trip
No two travelers are alike. Thus, travel benefits shouldn't be one-size-fits-all.
Having the right credit card in your wallet while traveling can elevate your experience, providing benefits before, during and after your trip that make your journey more comfortable and provide protection in case something goes wrong.
A World Elite Mastercard® can help you save money and reduce travel headaches while also enjoying extra comfort on the road. This includes a new benefit for U.S. customers: Mastercard Travel Rewards.
Here's how these perks can elevate your next trip.
Related: The 8 most valuable World Elite Mastercard benefits
Introducing Mastercard Travel Rewards
Mastercard Travel Rewards (MTR) is an international program that provides cash-back rewards on hundreds of offers when traveling across 25 countries and shopping at sought-after brands. You can earn rewards at participating businesses, like restaurants and entertainment, while traveling and online.
This recently-launched travel benefit is available on select personal and small business World Elite Mastercard products and adds to the existing suite of benefits. The JetBlue Plus Card and the HSBC Elite World Elite Mastercard® are just two of the cards offering this new benefit.
It's simple. There are no coupons or codes, just automatic cash-back rewards.
To find out more and check out the valuable offers available to you, click here .
Travel benefits available with a World Elite Mastercard
While your first thought about travel benefits might include airport lounges or hotel room upgrades, Mastercard supports you before, during and after your trip. Depending on your card, you may also be able to enjoy concierge services, cultural experiences and insurance protections to help you manage any problems you encounter while traveling.
Mastercard Travel and Lifestyle Services
Eligible World Elite cardholders can register for an account with Mastercard's Travel and Lifestyle Services to enjoy benefits like 24-hour support, car rental discounts and free nights at hotels. You'll also enjoy benefits at the Luxury Hotel and Resorts Collection, which provides access to more than 3,000 participating luxury properties.
Eligible Mastercard holders can enjoy perks like complimentary room upgrades, free breakfast, amenity credits (from $50 to $100), early check-in and late checkout from participating hotels in the portfolio.
Additionally, the Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee protects your stay at three-star hotels and above. If you encounter problems at qualifying hotels paid for with your eligible World Elite Mastercard, support is available 24 hours a day via phone or chat.
Mastercard World Elite Concierge and 24/7 Personal Assistant
A good concierge can be invaluable. Whether you need ideas for a last-minute gift, are struggling to get a reservation at a popular restaurant or are looking for better ways to work remotely while traveling, the World Elite Mastercard Concierge can accomplish these tasks no matter where in the world you are.
With your personal credit card , you'll enjoy access to the World Elite Concierge. Small business cardholders have access to the 24/7 Business Assistant, which provides the same services for both personal and business needs.
Mastercard Airport Concierge
There's another concierge service available that can add significant value to your airport experience. Global Airport Concierge provides savings on VIP meet-and-assist services at over 900 airports worldwide.
These services make traveling safer, more convenient and less stressful. You'll be able to find your way through confusing airports, use express lanes for passport control at select airports, and have someone to help you get out of the airport to start your vacation.
Mastercard Priceless Experiences
Whether at home or on the road, enjoy curated experiences that create lasting memories. One-of-a-kind Priceless Experiences include outings for dining, shopping, sports, entertainment, culture, nature and more.
Additional benefits on select World Elite Mastercards
Beyond the benefits outlined above for eligible World Elite Mastercards issued in the U.S., your credit card issuer can opt in to provide additional perks as well.
Mastercard airport lounge access
Airports can be hectic, noisy and crowded. Rather than passing the time at your gate, Mastercard can unlock access to more than 1,100 airport lounges across the world.
Offerings vary by location, but you can find free snacks, light bites, complimentary drinks and a more relaxing place to wait for your flight. Most lounges also include complimentary Wi-Fi, and some lounges have shower facilities to help you refresh after a long trip.
Related: The 15 new airport lounges we can't wait to enjoy in 2023
Flight Delay Pass
When your flight is delayed, the last thing you want to do is sit at the gate. Thanks to Mastercard's Flight Delay Pass, you can access participating lounges when your flight is delayed, even if you don't have an annual lounge membership. Now, you can de-stress in a comfortable space while you wait for your departure.
This complimentary service is available for the primary cardholder and a traveling companion on the same reservation when the delayed flight is registered in advance .
Rental car damages, trip cancellations or delays, medical emergencies, and lost or delayed luggage can create unexpected expenses during your travels. However, many World Elite Mastercards have built-in protections that can cover some (or all) of these expenses.
It's important to understand the cardholder benefits for your specific Mastercard so you'll know exactly what is covered, including any limitations or exclusions and what events trigger your coverage. You'll also need to use the eligible card to pay for your trip — simply having the card in your wallet won't activate your protections.
Related: Lost vs. delayed baggage: How are they different and how do you protect yourself?
Your best friend can be a great travel companion — and so can the right Mastercard. Having a World Elite Mastercard can help ease your planning headaches, receive perks while away from home and enjoy peace of mind if you face unforeseen expenses along the way.
Mastercards also fared well in our tests with credit card security in other countries . Whether paying online, in stores, in apps or using a device, Mastercard provides valuable security features to help keep you protected.
Being able to save money, travel comfortably and trust that you have help to get out of a jam are great reasons to consider a World Elite Mastercard as your next credit card.
Click here to read the full details about these World Elite Mastercard perks and find the credit card that fits your lifestyle and travel goals.
- Book Travel
- Credit Cards
DragonPass Lounge Access with Visa and Mastercard Products
DragonPass is the exclusive provider of lounge access for Mastercard and Visa products in Canada.
In This Post
What is dragonpass, which credit cards provide free dragonpass memberships, how to enroll in dragonpass, how to access dragonpass lounges, which lounges are accessible via dragonpass in canada, which dragonpass lounges are available globally.
DragonPass is a Guangzhou-based travel services provider, best known for its lounge memberships. Under its network, it lists 1,300+ lounges and 1,000+ restaurants in 700 airports worldwide.
For some time, DragonPass has been the lounge partner of Visa products in certain markets, such as Asia-Pacific and Europe. In Canada, DragonPass became the sole provider of lounge access on Visa and Mastercard products in 2022.
It’s worth noting that Canadian credit card issuers market DragonPass lounge memberships under the Visa Airport Companion Program and Mastercard Travel Pass, which we’ll discuss in detail below.
As mentioned, DragonPass is the exclusive lounge access partner of Visa and Mastercard in Canada.
Through these partnerships, select credit cards provide complimentary DragonPass memberships, with the only requirement being that you have one of those credit cards.
Visa cardholders can access DragonPass memberships through the Visa Airport Companion Program, which is available as an app on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The Canadian-issued Visa cards that provide the cardholder with a complimentary DragonPass membership, as well as a specific number of free visits each year, are as follows:
- BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aeroplan ® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura ® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card , six complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura ® Visa Infinite* Card, four complimentary visits
- CIBC Aventura ® Gold Visa Card, four complimentary visits
- Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege Card , six complimentary visits
- RBC ® Avion Visa Infinite Privilege†, six complimentary visits
- Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card , six complimentary visits
- Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Business Card , six complimentary visits
- TD ® Aeroplan ® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card, six complimentary visits
- Vancity enviro Visa Infinite Privilege Card, six complimentary visits (closed for new applications)
- RBC ® Avion ® Visa Infinite Business (no complimentary visits)
Visits exceeding the complimentary access are charged $32 (USD) per person. The same fee applies for cards with a pay-per-visit membership.
Many Canadian-issued World Elite Mastercards come with a complimentary DragonPass membership as a perk. However, even with the free DragonPass membership, you’ll still have to pay $32 (USD) to access the applicable lounges most of the time.
The following Canadian World Elite Mastercards offer a complimentary DragonPass membership. Unless otherwise noted, no free visits are included with the membership.
- Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard
- ATB World Elite Mastercard
- BMO AIR MILES ® † World Elite ® * Business Mastercard ® *
- BMO AIR MILES ® † World Elite ® * Mastercard ® *
- BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard , four complimentary visits
- BMO CashBack ® World Elite ® * Mastercard ® *
- BMO World Elite Business Mastercard , two complimentary visits
- Brim World Elite Mastercard
- Brim World Mastercard
- Cathay World Elite ® Mastercard ® – powered by Neo
- Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard
- Desjardins Odyssey World Elite Mastercard
- HSBC World Elite Mastercard (closed for new applications)
- RBC ® Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard
- Rogers World Elite ® Mastercard ®
- Tangerine World Mastercard
- WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard
As with the Visa cards, visits exceeding the complimentary access allotments are charged $32 (USD) per person. The same fee applies for cards with a pay-per-visit membership.
Customers eligible for complimentary enrollment with DragonPass from their Visa or Mastercard must first register prior to receiving lounge access.
Visa Airport Companion Program
To activate your DragonPass membership as an eligible Visa cardholder, simply head to the Visa Airport Companion Program website or enroll using the Visa Airport Companion app. The process is fairly quick, and you’ll be given a membership number with immediate access to applicable lounges.
First, you’ll need to enter your card information to confirm your eligibility. If you have an eligible card, you’ll then need to fill in your personal information and create a password.
Once you’ve successfully registered, you can view your digital DragonPass card on your account dashboard, as well as a tracker indicating how many complimentary lounge visits you have remaining.
Note that you may add more than one membership with a single account. This means that you can switch between memberships from different credit cards and access your free passes from each one.
Mastercard Travel Pass
Similarly, if you need to activate your DragonPass membership as an eligible World Elite Mastercard cardholder, head to the Mastercard Travel Pass website or use the Mastercard Travel Pass app.
On the website, select “Register” and enter in your card information to confirm your eligibility.
Then, enter in your personal information, create a password, and you’re all set! You’ll be given a membership number instantly.
Like the Visa Airport Companion Program, you can also add more than one membership into Mastercard Travel Pass and switch them to access your free passes on each one.
In order to access airport lounges after you’ve enrolled, simply open your Visa or Mastercard app and present your QR code to the lounge’s front desk staff. You won’t be sent a physical card, and you can’t use your credit card to enter, so you must set up your app and QR code beforehand.
If you need to pay for your visit, the credit card attached to the DragonPass membership you’re using will automatically be charged. However, the lounge staff will likely inform you of the fee, or you can ask proactively to be sure.
You’ll also need to show an eligible same-day boarding pass. In many cases, you may present a boarding pass for a flight you’ve arrived on at your arrival airport, but there’s always a chance that you’ll be turned away.
One thing to note is that individual lounges reserve the right to turn away DragonPass members if the lounge is overcrowded. That’s one of the drawbacks to lounge memberships like this – if the program gets too popular, certain lounges might not have enough room to accommodate everybody.
You should also keep in mind that lounges will always prioritize business class or First Class passengers over DragonPass or other lounge memberships. There’s always a chance that you’ll be turned away if you’re trying to enter a few hours before a flight the lounge is contracted to service.
In Canada, DragonPass has access to all Plaza Premium Lounges, as well as most independently operated lounges, outlined as follows:
- Toronto Pearson (YYZ) : KLM Crowne Lounge (International), Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 1, Domestic), Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, Domestic), Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 1, International) , Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, International), Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 1, Transborder), Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, Transborder)
- Toronto Billy Bishop (YTZ): Aspire Lounge/Air Canada Café
- Vancouver (YVR) : SkyTeam Lounge (International), Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic, Pier C), Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic) , Plaza Premium Lounge (International), Plaza Premium Lounge (Transborder)
- Montreal (YUL): National Bank Lounge (International) , Air France Lounge and KLM Lounge (International)
- Calgary (YYC) : WestJet Elevation Lounge (Domestic/International), Aspire Lounge (International), Aspire Lounge (Transborder)
- Edmonton (YEG): Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic & International) , Plaza Premium Lounge (Transborder)
- Ottawa (YOW): Aspire Salon Lounge (Domestic/International)
- Quebec City (YQB): V.I.P. Lounge by Club Med
- Winnipeg (YWG): Plaza Premium Lounge
As mentioned, DragonPass lists a network of 1,300+ lounges in 700 airports worldwide. A list of accredited lounges, as well as location, details on the services provided, and hours of operation for each one, can be found on the Visa Airport Companion or Mastercard Travel Pass app.
Note that restaurants that provide credit in lieu of lounge access are generally not included with DragonPass memberships from credit cards.
Also conspicuously missing from the list are The Club Lounges in the US and Chase Sapphire Lounges, since those are operated by the Collinson Group, the owner of DragonPass rivals Priority Pass and Lounge Key.
Still, there are lounges that are accessible with DragonPass but not Priority Pass, such as the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Frankfurt (FRA) and the KIX North Lounge in Osaka (KIX).
Airport lounge access is a great perk for travellers, and having it included as part of a credit card’s suite of benefits enhances the overall travel experience.
In Canada, DragonPass is the sole lounge access provider for Visa and Mastercard products. Some come with just a membership, and you have to pay per visit, while others come with a handful of lounge visits each year.
If you have an eligible card, be sure to register for the Visa Airport Companion Program or Mastercard Travel Pass, and then enjoy free food and drinks on your next visit to the airport.
- Earn 30,000 Scene+ points upon spending $1,000 in the first three months
- Earn an additional 10,000 Scene+ points upon spending $40,000 in the first year
- Earn 1x 2x Scene+ points on groceries, dining, entertainment, and transit
- Plus, earn 3x Scene+ points on grocery purchases at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, and FreshCo
- Visa Airport Companion membership with six free lounge visits per year
- Redeem points for statement credit for any travel expense
- Minimum income: $60,000 personal or $100,000 household
- Annual fee: $150 (waived in the first year)
Prince of Travel is Canada’s leading resource for using frequent flyer miles, credit card points, and loyalty programs to travel the world at a fraction of the price.
Join our Sunday newsletter below to get weekly updates delivered straight to your inbox.
Have a question? Just ask.
Business Platinum Card from American Express
120,000 MR points
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
90,000 Aeroplan points
American Express Platinum Card
100,000 MR points
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card
Up to 75,000 Aeroplan points†
The 13 Best Ways to Fly Business Class to Europe on Points
Guides Feb 20, 2024
Air France KLM Flying Blue Elite Status: Guide to Qualifying and Privileges
Last Chance to Transfer HSBC Rewards to Airline Partners
News Feb 19, 2024
Filling the void: great alternatives to the hsbc world elite mastercard, getting us credit cards for canadians, how i booked a year’s worth of travel on points, christopher, review: hotel the mitsui kyoto, a luxury collection hotel & spa, “suite-talking”: how to get amazing hotel suite upgrades, prince of travel elites.
MASTERCARD BENEFIT INQUIRIES
Contact us: Mastercard Global Service Phone Numbers
Enjoy the exciting new benefits that come with every World Mastercard
Mastercard ID Theft Protection comes with your Mastercard at no additional cost. To activate your alerts benefit, visit mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com and enter your card number to start the registration process.
- Monitors your credit file for changes that could indicate fraud, such as new credit inquiries, an address change, or a new account opened in your name.
- Sends alert notifications whenever suspicious activity is detected so that you can take immediate action to minimize potential damage. The tool monitors suspicious activity related to the personal information you choose to track such as your name, address, email address, social security number, date of birth, debit/credit card numbers, or other sensitive data.
- Provides ID Theft Resolution, with white-glove service, assigning a resolution specialist to you when you require assistance resolving issues related to identity theft.
The browser you are using is not supported. Please see our supported browsers .
Call wait times are high
Self-serve options are available on our self-serve hub page.
We’ve recently updated our privacy statement .
Get to know your WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard‡
Thank you for being a WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ cardholder. We’re here to help you navigate some of the features and benefits that come with your card. In addition to earning WestJet dollars 1 , getting free first checked bags 2 and saving money with your annual round-trip companion voucher 3 your card also has a Status Lift benefit 4 that can also help you get closer to tier status with WestJet and access to airport lounges 5,6 . It also can get you discounts on fuel at Petro Canada 7 , and save you on fees with DoorDash 8 .
On this page
Welcome WestJet dollars
Some welcome offers require a minimum spend of $5,000 on your card in the first three (3) months to receive the full amount. Don’t miss out on valuable WestJet dollars, be sure to use your card to make sure you are earning to its full potential.
Earn WestJet dollars
Use your WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ for everyday purchases – no matter how big or small – and watch your WestJet dollars add up. 1
- 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on everyday purchases.
- 2% back in WestJet dollars on flights or packages with WestJet or WestJet Vacations.
- As a WestJet Rewards member you’ll also earn WestJet dollars as a percentage of the base fare on the flights, vacation packages, car rentals and hotels booked through WestJet.
Redeem WestJet dollars
It’s your choice: use your WestJet dollars to pay for flights or vacation packages. 9 Redeem on any WestJet flight, including those operated by our codeshare partners. Redeem a few (starting with the minimum) or as many as you want on the base portion of fares.
Frequently asked questions
WestJet dollars: FAQs
My account is not showing the westjet dollars i was supposed to have received.
You may obtain your current balance and more info on WestJet dollars earned and redeemed by signing into your WestJet Rewards account noted on your welcome email. Once approved for a WestJet RBC Mastercard credit card, please allow four to six weeks after your first purchase transaction for the welcome dollars and companion voucher to be posted to your WestJet Rewards account. 10
Can I use my WestJet dollars with my companion voucher?
You can use your WestJet dollars to pay for the outstanding balance of your base fare when using a companion voucher.
Free first checked bags
As the primary cardholder you can receive your first checked bag free for yourself and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation. 2 To make sure you are not charged for your first checked bag please ensure that the WestJet Rewards ID that is associated with your card is included on your reservation.
Please note, free bags are tied to the WestJet Rewards ID of the primary card holder and the cardholder’s name must be on the reservation. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept cards shown at the airport or the WestJet Rewards ID of the secondary cardholder. Flights must be operated by WestJet.
Free first checked bags: FAQs
Can my secondary card holder also receive free checked bags when travelling without me.
This benefit is valid for the primary cardholder and up to eight additional guests travelling on the same reservation.
Can I just show my card at the airport to get free bags?
No. The primary cardholder’s 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in.
How do I make sure my Rewards ID is on my reservation?
For flight-only bookings, you can add your WestJet Rewards ID during the self-serve check-in process or through Manage trips. When booking a WestJet Vacations package, enter your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID in the member number field, found on the Payment screen. Alternatively, you may contact us for assistance.
Can bag fees be re-imbursed retroactively?
Yes. The primary cardholder would need to call in as we would require the credit card number to process.
Your card comes with an annual round-trip companion voucher.
Just purchase one round trip for yourself (the primary cardholder) and enjoy a reduced fare for the second guest on the same itinerary. 3 Your companion voucher can even be applied towards a Premium fare, if the first fare booked was also in our Premium cabin.
- For travel within Canada and to the continental US the companion fare will be $119 CAD (plus taxes, fees, charges and other Air Transportation Charges)
- The rest of the WestJet network will be $399 CAD if voucher type is eligible (plus taxes, fees, charges and other Air Transportation Charges)
Companion voucher – Lounge access pass exchange
If you prefer, we also offer the option to exchange your companion voucher for four (4) lounge access vouchers. 5
Companion vouchers: FAQs
Where can i use my companion voucher to fly to.
Depending on your voucher type:
- An annual round-trip companion voucher is valid for flights within Canada or to/from the continental U.S from $119 (plus taxes, fees, charges and other Air Transportation Charges) or the rest of the WestJet network for $399 CAD (plus taxes, fees, charges and other Air Transportation Charges)
- A limited-offer companion ticket with a $0 base fare is valid for flights within Canada or to/from the continental U.S. (including Hawaii) and Mexico
How long does it take to get my next annual companion voucher into my account after renewal?
30 days after your card renewal date and each year thereafter you will receive a companion voucher in your account.
I don’t see my companion voucher in my account yet?
It will be automatically added to your WestJet Rewards account four to six weeks after your first card purchase, or 30 days after your card renewal date each year thereafter otherwise please call our contact centre.
Can I use my voucher on a Premium fare?
Depending on the voucher type, the annual round-trip companion voucher can be used on Premium fares.
Does the cardholder have to fly?
Yes. This benefit allows you, the primary cardholder, to take anyone on a round trip with you, on the same itinerary, the voucher is not transferable.
Can I use my partner's voucher for myself and my child?
No. This offer allows you, the primary cardholder, to take anyone on a round-trip with you, on the same itinerary, the voucher is not transferable.
Can I transfer my voucher to someone else that can use before it expires?
What is the expiry date of my vouchers can it be extended.
Companion vouchers are valid one year from the date of issuance and cannot be extended. The voucher must be redeemed prior to the expiry date and travel can be later.
Can I use my companion voucher with a promo discount code?
No. Companion vouchers and discount codes are not combinable.
Lounge access pass exchange: FAQs
Can i choose which voucher to convert to rbc lounge access vouchers.
No. The companion voucher with the nearest expiry date will be exchanged.
If I convert my voucher before it expires to RBC lounge vouchers, do they get a new expiry date?
No. The RBC lounge access vouchers will have the same expiry date as the original Annual World Elite companion voucher.
Who can use the RBC lounge access vouchers?
RBC lounge access vouchers may be used by the cardholder and their accompanied guests. Guests/companions may only use the lounge voucher when accompanied by the primary cardholder and taking a same-day WestJet flight from the same airport.
Where can these RBC lounge access vouchers be used?
At available airport lounges in Canada, Europe and the Caribbean, as listed at westjet.com/lounges .
WestJet partner lounges
Get access to WestJet partner lounges for yourself and guests when you achieve Platinum, Gold and Silver tier-status. WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ cardholders can get closer to achieving their next status with Status Lift, through qualifying spend on their credit card. 4
Mastercard Travel Pass Program
Enjoy Mastercard Travel Pass Program provided by DragonPass 1 and benefit from access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide, plus valuable airport dining and spa offers. 6 Download the Mastercard Travel Pass app and register or visit mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com.
Does mastercard travel pass program give me a discount on all lounges.
You will have access to a discount and access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide.
How do I access DragonPass lounges?
Download the Mastercard Travel Pass app and register or visit mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com .
Can I just show my card?
Can i take someone else in the lounge with me using the discount.
World Elite cardholders can take 1 guest per visit into the airport lounges. Terms and conditions apply.
The WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ is taking you higher with Status Lift. As a cardholder your everyday purchases could now bring you closer to achieving status with WestJet, giving you more benefits such as lounge passes, priority boarding, advance seat selection, a higher WestJet dollar earn rate and more. 4
Enjoy partner benefits
Save more and earn more with benefits from WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ cardholder partners.
Get a 12-month complimentary DashPass subscription – a value of almost $120 – when you add your eligible card to your DoorDash account. 8
Save 3¢/L on fuel and earn 20% more Petro Points when you pay with your linked RBC card 7 .
Earn 50 Be Well points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases at Rexall when you pay with your linked RBC card and scan your Be Well card. 11
Note : This card requires a minimum personal income of $80,000 or a minimum household income of $150,000. Please note, this premium card can impose higher acceptance costs on merchants.
Don’t have a WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ ?
Cash advance rate:
* 21.99% if you reside in Quebec.
Insurance and Protection
Make sure you’re covered for the unexpected with valuable insurance benefits, plus the option for extended coverage.
Emergency Purchases and Flight Delay Insurance
- Coverage begins four (4) hours after the occurrence of your Missed Connection, Delayed Flight, or Denied Boarding, or the arrival of your flight at your destination when your checked luggage is lost or delayed.
- For Flight Delay Insurance, the maximum amount of coverage for reasonable and necessary expenses is $250 per day per covered person to an overall total of $500 per occurrence for all covered persons.
- For Emergency Purchases Insurance, the maximum amount of coverage for reasonable and necessary expenses is $500 per occurrence for each covered person to a maximum of $2,500 per occurrence in aggregate for all covered persons.
Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- This insurance is effective when the full cost of your rental vehicle issued by a rental agency is paid with your WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ card and/or WestJet dollars. If only a partial payment is made using WestJet dollars, the entire balance of that rental vehicle must be paid using your WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ card in order to be covered.
- The length of time you rent the same vehicle must not exceed forty-eight (48) consecutive days, which shall follow one immediately after the other.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance
- Purchase Security Insurance provides coverage for direct accidental physical loss or damage to personal property or gifts purchased with your WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ card and/or with WestJet dollars for ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. The maximum amount of coverage is $50,000, or the equivalent number of WestJet dollars, per WestJet RBC ® World Elite Mastercard ‡ card per year.
- Extended Warranty Insurance automatically doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to a maximum of one (1) year.
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- The maximum reimbursement under this insurance for the repair or replacement of your personal property that is lost or damaged due to a burglary is $2,500 per occurrence in the aggregate.
Travel Accident Insurance
- The Travel Accident Insurance covers you in the event of an accidental bodily injury resulting in a loss, including death, while travelling on a common carrier, for up to $500,000 CAD.
Out of Country/Province Emergency Medical – 15-day (Less than 65 Years of Age)
- Coverage is provided for the first fifteen (15) consecutive days of your trip if you are under 65 years of age or for the first three (3) consecutive days of your trip if you are 65 years of age or older.
Trip Interruption Insurance
- The maximum amount covered under Trip Interruption Insurance for each covered person is $5,000 per trip to an overall maximum of $25,000.
Other Frequently asked questions
How do I know if my card is linked to my WestJet Rewards account?
Sign into your WestJet Rewards account that is included in your welcome email after card approval.
My Rewards account is not showing the WestJet dollars I’m earning with my account
Please allow four to six weeks from your purchase for the WestJet dollars to be posted to your WestJet Rewards account. If after this period WestJet dollars don’t appear, please call our contact centre.
I was assigned a new WestJet Rewards ID when I got my card, how do change it to my previous ID?
Please call our contact centre.
Can I link a different WestJet Rewards ID to my existing card?
Yes. Please call our contact centre for assistance with linking your WestJet Rewards ID to your card.
Where can I find my WestJet Rewards ID?
It is included in the welcome email sent after your card is approved.
Legal, restrictions and terms and conditions
® Registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
‡ Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license.
WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is solely responsible for the WestJet Rewards Program, the terms of the WestJet Rewards Program including earning, redemption and administration of WestJet dollars and program changes.
Only available to residents of Canada.
Please ensure that your email address is up to date on your WestJet Rewards account. It is recommended that you review your communication consent and opt-ins to receive all communications.
ADDITIONAL RBC FEES: Cash Advance: $5.00 Balance Transfer Promotional Rate Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount Dishonoured Payment Fee: $45.00 Overlimit Fee: $29.00 (If you reside in Quebec, fee does not apply.) Additional Copies: $5.00 for Monthly Statement, $1.50 for Statement Updates at the ATM, $2.00 for Transaction Receipts Installment Plan Fee: If applicable, either a (i) one-time fee of up to 3% of total purchase amount, or (ii) monthly fee of up to 1.15% of total purchase amount (no fee in Quebec)
1. You will earn up to 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on your everyday purchases and up to 2.0% back when you purchase WestJet flights or WestJet Vacations packages, depending on the card you choose. The additional 0.5% back in WestJet dollars is calculated separately and is in addition to the WestJet dollars you earn on everyday purchases, however it may not be accrued under certain circumstances. In order to receive the additional 0.5% in WestJet dollars, WestJet or WestJet Vacations must appear as the merchant on your credit card statement. WestJet dollars are earned on net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including RBC Royal Bank® credit card cheques, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and certain bill payments), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the WestJet dollars earned by the amounts originally charged.
2. Valid for primary cardholders of the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation; not valid for companions when travelling on a group booking (10+ guests on the same reservation). Eligible member's 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in. Valid on itineraries marketed and wholly operated by WestJet; not valid when travelling with WestJet's code-share or interline partners. Size and weight of baggage must comply with WestJet’s standard checked baggage allowance. Any piece of baggage exceeding the size or weight allowance is subject to all applicable oversized weight and size restrictions and fees. More details . May only be used as described and has no monetary or other exchange value.
3. Once approved for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, please allow 4-6 weeks after the first purchase transaction date for the welcome round-trip companion voucher (the “World Elite Companion Voucher”) to appear on your WestJet Rewards account, accessible at westjet.com/account . The World Elite Companion Voucher is offered to new WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard cardholders only, and annually thereafter 4-6 weeks after the annual fee is charged. Primary cardholder may use the World Elite Companion Voucher only once for one of these options of A) round-trip flight for travel in Canada and the continental U.S. for $119 CAD; or B) round-trip flight to/from the rest of the WestJet network for $399 CAD. Applicable taxes, fees, charges and other ATC (Air Transportation Charges) on the World Elite Companion Voucher must be paid at time of booking. The welcome (first) World Elite Companion Voucher is not available to existing or former WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders apply for or transferring to a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard. Additional cardholders are also not eligible for the World Elite Companion Voucher offer.
Valid for new bookings only. Valid for one (1) round-trip for a companion of the primary cardholder flying on a full base fare, travelling on the same itinerary. Valid on all published Basic, Econo, EconoFlex, Premium, and PremiumFlex fares wholly marketed and operated by WestJet, including seat sales. Not valid on Business, BusinessFlex or Member Exclusive fares, nor combinable with a discount code. If one-way travel is booked, the voucher will be deemed fully used and the return portion of travel is forfeited. Booking must be made within one year from date of issue of the companion voucher; travel may occur after the voucher expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking. Valid for travel until the end of the available flight schedule with no blackout periods. Voucher may only be used as described, cannot be transferred and has no monetary or exchange value. Changes or cancellations to World Elite companion voucher bookings are allowed, except when a Basic fare has been purchased, which is a 100% non-refundable fare with no change options allowed. Changes and cancellations must be made at the same time for both guests, and failure to do so may result in a forfeit of travel funds. Changes must be made prior to the expiry date of the voucher used for the booking for the voucher to be valid. Regular change and cancellation policy applies. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer. Other terms and conditions apply. Terms and conditions of the World Elite Companion Voucher are established by WestJet and WestJet reserves the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time. Visit westjet.com/companion-voucher for complete details.
4. WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders will have access to a new annual benefit, "Status Lift", to help you get closer to Silver, Gold or Platinum status each year. With Status Lift, you can earn $500 in tier qualifying spend, which applies towards achieving the next WestJet Rewards tier, for every $15,000 CAD in Eligible Purchases on your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard (up to a maximum of $1,500 in tier qualifying spend in a qualifying year). WestJet’s qualifying year is January 1 to December 31 of each calendar year. “Eligible Purchases” means net purchase transactions (including transactions on additional cards) that appear on your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard monthly statements prepared between January 1 and December 31 of each year, explained in further detail below. It is not based on the actual purchase or transaction date.
For example, Teal members earning the maximum of $1,500 in tier qualifying spend on Eligible Purchases with Status Lift would be halfway to achieving the $3,000 in tier qualifying spend to achieve Silver status. Similarly, members with existing Silver, Gold or Platinum status can use the $1,500 Status Lift towards requalifying for their current tier, or moving up to the next tier, as applicable.
Status Lift will automatically take effect beginning with your first monthly statement following the first purchase transaction on the credit card account.
Eligible Purchases for Status Lift are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits; credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel Status Lift earned. Eligible purchases do not include fees, interest charges, or cash advances (including balance transfers, cash-like transactions and certain bill payments).
Tier qualifying spend derived from Status Lift is earned through Eligible Purchases on the WestJet World Elite Mastercard and will be included in the calculation for determining the tier and resulting status of the primary cardholder only, subject to these benefit conditions.
To determine your spend for Status Lift, WestJet will divide the WestJet dollars reported on your WestJet RBC World Elite monthly statement by the standard WestJet dollar earn rate of 1.5%. Any bonus or additional WestJet dollars you may earn will not count towards Status Lift. The date on which your monthly statement is prepared and the WestJet dollars earned as determined by Royal Bank of Canada and reported on your statement will determine the qualifying year that the Eligible Purchases and any resulting Status Lift will be applied to, regardless of when the WestJet dollars are deposited to your WestJet Rewards account. For example, if your monthly statement is prepared on December 27, your Eligible Purchases will count towards Status Lift for the current qualifying year, even if the WestJet dollars are deposited to your account in the following year.
Status Lifts are awarded based on your credit card monthly statement date (that is, the date your statement is prepared), not the purchase or transaction date for individual purchase transactions. For greater clarity, Eligible Purchases made prior to the end of the qualifying year will not be eligible for Status Lift for that qualifying year if they do not appear on a monthly statement prepared prior to December 31. For example, if your credit card statement is prepared on the 27th day of each month and you make a purchase on December 28, the transaction will be included on your January statement and will not be an Eligible Purchase for the current qualifying year.
Status Lift of $500 CAD will be awarded up to three times during the qualifying year when your Eligible Purchases total 1) $15,000, 2) $30,000 and 3) $45,000. Each Status Lift will be awarded approximately 10 business days after the credit card statement date in which the spend threshold is achieved.
To receive Status Lift, your credit card account must be open and in good standing at the time of the benefit award. If you cancel your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard credit card before the end of a qualifying year, WestJet reserves the right to remove any Status Lift or tier adjustments you may have received through this benefit.
Status Lift amounts earned through this benefit are not counted towards the awarding of Milestone awards within the WestJet Rewards program.
The Status Lift amount and tier qualifying spend earned on WestJet flight or vacation packages will be combined to calculate total tier qualifying spend which counts towards the achievement of your immediate next tier. Your tier qualifying spend will reset at the start of each qualifying year (January 1st).
The end of the qualifying year is December 31, without regard to the time of the year that the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard credit card account is opened. This means that in the cardholder’s first year, the eligibility period for the Status Lift benefit may be less than twelve months.
This benefit has no monetary or other exchange value and cannot be sold or transferred.
WestJet and RBC reserve the right to change or withdraw the benefit at any time.
5. WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders may exchange each valid Annual World Elite round-trip companion voucher for four (4) one-time use lounge access vouchers (“Lounge Vouchers”) at WestJet partner airport lounges. Applicable to WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders with a valid Annual World Elite round-trip companion voucher (“World Elite companion voucher”). All requests to exchange a World Elite companion voucher for Lounge Vouchers must be submitted at westjet.com/lounge-exchange , a minimum of 4 days prior to the cardholder’s planned date of travel and prior to the expiry of the World Elite companion voucher. Cardholders will be able to view the Lounge Vouchers and their expiry date(s) within the Vouchers section of their WestJet Rewards account. These vouchers will be identified as: Lounge Access – RBC. Lounge Vouchers will have the same expiry date as the World Elite companion voucher used for the exchange. Lounge Vouchers must be redeemed prior to the expiry date. If you have multiple World Elite companion vouchers, the first to expire will be the first one exchanged. Sign in to see available vouchers at westjet.com. There is no limit on the number of World Elite lounge vouchers that may be exchanged. If a Lounge Voucher expires after a cardholder has exchanged a World Elite companion voucher but before the Lounge Voucher has been redeemed, the Lounge Voucher will not be valid. Once a cardholder has requested an exchange of a World Elite companion voucher for (4) Lounge Vouchers, the request will be considered final and cannot be cancelled or reversed. Lounge Vouchers may only be used has described, has no monetary or other exchange value and is non-transferable. Unused World Elite companion vouchers and lounge vouchers will automatically be cancelled on the date your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard account is closed. Royal Bank of Canada and WestJet reserve the right to modify, cancel or withdraw this offer at any time, even after acceptance by you. Other terms and conditions apply. For full details on lounge voucher use visit https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/rewards/rbc-mastercard/lounge-exchange#lounge-RBC
6. Mastercard Travel Pass, provided by DragonPass, is being provided as a benefit to cardholders with eligible and valid WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard cards. Each eligible World Elite Mastercard cardholder is entitled to a complimentary membership to DragonPass Airport Lounges Program (as long as they remain a World Elite Mastercard cardholder). Access to participating DragonPass Airport Lounges is at the cost of US$32 per person (subject to change), per visit, and lounge access charges will be billed to the World Elite Mastercard card connected to the cardholder’s DragonPass membership. DragonPass benefits do not apply to all lounges, including (as of May 30, 2022) the Calgary WestJet Elevation lounge. To view a full list of participating DragonPass Airport Lounges, their facilities, opening times and restrictions, cardholders can visit airport.mastercard.com . By using this benefit , you agree to all of DragonPass terms and conditions, including privacy and security policies available at mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com. These policies may be amended or updated at any time and without notice. RBC and WestJet reserve the right to modify or cancel this benefit at any time and without notice. Mastercard Travel Pass, DragonPass Airport Lounges and associated services are provided by DragonPass, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”) or WestJet, and RBC or WestJet are not responsible for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Mastercard Travel Pass or the DragonPass Airport Lounges services. Mastercard reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this benefit at any time, even after you have enrolled in Mastercard Travel Pass.
7. To participate in this offer, you must link your WestJet RBC Mastercard (“RBC Card”) to a Petro-Points Account. You must be enrolled in RBC Online Banking or RBC Mobile app in order to link your RBC Card to your Petro-Points card. Card linking may take up to 2 business days to process before savings and bonus points can be applied to purchases. Your linked RBC Card acts as your Petro-Points card. You will automatically earn Petro-Points when you pay for qualifying purchases with your linked RBC Card at Petro-Canada locations and you do not need to swipe your Petro-Points card before you pay. You can redeem your Petro-Points at Petro-Canada using your linked RBC Card. Each time you use your linked RBC Card to purchase any grade of gasoline, or diesel, at a Petro-Canada location, you will save three cents ($0.03) per litre at the time of the transaction. 9 . Each time you use your linked Eligible RBC Card to pay for qualifying purchases at a Retail Petro-Canada Location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more Petro-Points than you normally earn, in accordance with the Petro-Points Terms and Conditions.
8. To receive a complimentary DashPass subscription for $0 delivery fees on orders of $12 or more at eligible restaurants when you pay with your Eligible RBC Credit Card, you must subscribe to DashPass by adding an Eligible RBC Credit Card, accept the DoorDash terms and conditions, and activate your benefit by clicking “Activate Free DashPass”. If you are an existing DashPass subscriber and have already added an Eligible RBC Credit Card to your account you must activate your benefit by clicking “Activate Free DashPass” during the Offer Period. If you have been charged for DashPass you will receive a refund to the method of original payment, in the amount of the monthly subscription fee for the month you activate your complimentary subscription. For all clients, by clicking on “Activate Free DashPass” you agree to the DoorDash terms and conditions which can be found at https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/terms-and-conditions
Eligible RBC Credit cardholders include primary cardholders, co-applicants, authorized users, primary business cardholders and secondary business cardholders on an Eligible RBC Credit Card account.
The DashPass monthly subscription fee will be waived (“Complimentary DashPass Subscription”) and you will receive either a 3 month or 12 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription based on the Eligible RBC Credit Card you use to subscribe to DashPass.
DashPass subscriptions purchased through third parties, including third-party payment accounts, or online or mobile digital wallets (like Apply Pay and Google Pay) are not eligible for the Complimentary DashPass Subscription.
Eligible RBC Credit Cards: Your Eligible RBC Credit Card may only be used with one DoorDash account to receive a Complimentary DashPass Subscription. Once you have received a Complimentary DashPass Subscription you cannot use the same eligible RBC Credit Card to obtain a Complimentary DashPass Subscription with another DoorDash account.
You are only eligible for one 12 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription and one 3 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription during the Offer Period. The Complimentary DashPass Subscription commences on the date you subscribe to receive the Complimentary DashPass Subscription. For example, if you subscribe to a 12 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription in on the last day of your second month of a 3 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription you will receive a total of 14 months of Complimentary DashPass Subscription. In order to validate your credit card as an Eligible RBC Credit Card, Royal Bank may need to administer a $0.50 charge to validate your card enrollment. This charge will be reversed in 3 to 5 days once your account has been validated.
Month Complimentary DashPass Subscription is available for the following Eligible RBC Credit Cards: As a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, cardholder.You are eligible for a Complimentary DashPass Subscription for 12 months from the date you subscribe to receive the Complimentary DashPass Subscription. You will be auto-enrolled into full-price membership at the then-current rate after the end of the 12 month Complimentary DashPass Subscription. Your RBC credit card account must be open and not in default to maintain the benefits of DashPass.
DoorDash not Royal Bank of Canada, is responsible for (i) services and products provided through DoorDash; (ii) DashPass, including the DashPass Benefits, the administration of DashPass and (iii) the DoorDash terms and conditions. The Complimentary DashPass Subscription offer may be amended or withdrawn at any time. To learn more about DashPass, visit www.doordash.com/dashpass. For full DashPass for RBC Program Terms and Conditions, visit rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/documentation/pdf/full-doordash-tcs-en.pdf (PDF).
9. WestJet dollars can be used towards payment of the base fare of an eligible flight or vacation package, available on westjet.com or through WestJet’s contact centre. WestJet dollars cannot be applied against taxes, fees or charges and can only be used for new bookings. Minimum redemption rules on flights apply when purchasing Economy, Premium or Business fares. A minimum redemption amount of 50 WestJet dollars per booking applies for WestJet Vacations package bookings. Other restrictions may apply and are subject to change at any time.
10. Once approved for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, please allow 4-6 weeks after the first purchase transaction date for the 250 welcome WestJet dollars to appear on your WestJet Rewards account. Your WestJet Rewards account is accessible at westjet.com/account. To be eligible for the additional 200 WestJet dollars (“Additional WestJet dollars”) you must have applied for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and have been approved by Royal Bank of Canada. The Additional WestJet dollars will be awarded to you if a total of $5,000 or more in qualifying net purchases and pre-authorized bill payment transactions (“Qualifying Transactions”) are posted to your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard account within the first 3 months of your account open date, provided your account is open and in good standing at the time you reach $5,000 in Qualifying Transactions. Please allow 4-6 weeks after this requirement is fulfilled for the Additional WestJet dollars to be awarded to your WestJet Rewards account. Qualifying Transactions exclude cash advances (balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges, fees, and any credits for returns or adjustments. Welcome WestJet dollars and the Additional WestJet dollars are not available to existing or former WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders applying for or transferring to a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard. Additional cardholders are also not eligible for the welcome WestJet dollars or Additional WestJet Dollars. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, except as otherwise set out. Royal Bank of Canada and WestJet reserve the right to modify, cancel or withdraw this offer at any time. This offer may be revoked at any time if we suspect you may be manipulating or abusing it, or engaging in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Royal Bank of Canada in its sole discretion.
11. To participate in this offer, you must have an eligible RBC Debit Card, Personal Credit Card or Business Credit Card which is issued by Royal Bank of Canada (excluding RBC commercial credit cards) (“RBC Card”). RBC Business Owners will only be able to link up to two (2) Business Credit Cards and one RBC Debit Card to a Be Well Card. For complete details, including the definition of the capitalized terms used in the disclosures below, please see full Terms and Conditions https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/documentation/pdf/rexall-terms.pdf
You must be enrolled in RBC Online Banking in order to link your RBC Card to your Be Well Card. Card linking may take up to 2 business days to process before Be Well points can be applied to purchases.
Each time you scan your Be Well Card and pay with your Linked RBC Card, you will earn 50 Be Well points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases at Rexall Locations. For full details, and defined terms visit Be Well Terms and Conditions available at https://www.letsbewell.ca/terms-conditions
Be Well points are not awarded on taxes; tobacco products; products containing codeine; lottery tickets; alcohol; bottle deposits; gift cards; prepaid cards and wireless or long distance phone cards; event tickets; transit tickets and passes; post office transactions; stamps; passport photos; cash back; gifts with purchases; delivery charges; environmental levies; Home Health Care services/rentals and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law.
13. Available in-flight on aircraft where WestJet Connect is available. Terms and conditions apply. Boingo services provided by Boingo Wireless, Inc. See wifi.mastercard.com for full details.
Starting March 9th 2023, cardholders eligible for Boingo Inflight Wi-Fi will be able to connect 12 times per calendar year for 90 minutes each session. There is no limit to the amount of data that can be consumed during these sessions. There are no changes to the existing use of land-based Boingo Wi-Fi Hotspots. Complete details will be available after March 9th 2023 at mastercard.boingo.com .
MASTERCARD BENEFIT INQUIRIES
Your benefits may vary by card type and issuing bank or credit union. Refer to your issuing bank for complete benefit coverage terms and conditions or call Mastercard (0800-96-4767) for assistance. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
Enjoy the exciting offers and benefits that come with World Elite Mastercard
MASTERCARD BENEFIT INQUIRIES
Within the U.S.: 1-800-Mastercard (1-800-627-8372) | Outside the U.S.: Mastercard Global Service Phone Numbers
Availability of insurance benefits on your card may vary by card issuer. Please refer to your issuing financial institution for complete insurance benefit coverage terms, conditions and exclusions.
*Offer availability will vary for cardholders when located outside of the contiguous United States.
1. Peacock Peacock Premium: Ends 3/31/2025, subject to early termination. Must use qualifying Mastercard World or World Elite credit card and subscribe to a full-priced Peacock Premium plan directly from Peacock to receive a $3.00 monthly statement credit. Statement credit ends when user no longer meets eligibility requirements. Additional eligibility restrictions, exclusions, and terms apply. For full terms, see www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/mastercard .
Peacock Premium Plus: Ends 3/31/2025, subject to early termination. Must use qualifying Mastercard World Elite credit card and subscribe to a full-priced Peacock Premium Plus plan directly from Peacock to receive a $5.00 monthly statement credit. Statement credit ends when user no longer meets eligibility requirements. Excludes current Peacock Premium Plus subscribers. Additional eligibility restrictions, exclusions, and terms apply. For full terms, see www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/mastercard . ↩
2. Instacart Ends 3/31/2025, subject to early termination. Add an eligible U.S. World or World Elite Mastercard credit card and subscribe as a new Instacart+ member to receive a free two-month trial and a $10 Instacart coupon on your second qualifying order each month. Must have an active Instacart+ membership paid for with an eligible card and complete one qualifying Instacart order each month. By redeeming this offer, you agree to the Instacart+ terms , and if you select a paid plan, your Instacart+ membership will auto-renew and the applicable membership fee will be billed automatically to any payment method on file until you cancel. Additional terms apply. Please visit www.instacart.com/p/mastercard-offer . ↩
3. Lyft Take 3, Get $5: Beginning 4/1/21 and running through 9/30/25, Lyft users can participate in Lyft and Mastercard’s Take 3, Get $5 program (“Program”) by taking and partially or fully paying for three (3) Eligible Rides in a calendar month to receive a $5 Lyft credit (“Credit”). The rides must be paid for with an eligible World or World Elite Mastercard credit card (Apple Card is not eligible for this program, but Apple Pay or Google Pay may be eligible if your World or World Elite Mastercard credit card is the funding source). Limit one Credit per calendar month per Lyft account. An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides. Valid only in the USA. Whether a ride qualifies as an Eligible Ride for purposes of the Credit will be determined in Lyft’s sole discretion. Credits expire thirty (30) days after application. Limited time only and while supplies last. By participating in the Program, you agree to these terms and Lyft’s Terms of Service ( https://www.lyft.com/terms ), and you agree that Lyft and Mastercard may share your information for the purposes of tracking and processing the Credit and may use anonymized, aggregated data for business analytics and offer optimization. Credits may take up to two (2) days to be applied to your Lyft account. ↩
4. ShopRunner Valid through 9/30/25. To get the free ShopRunner membership offer, compliments of Mastercard, please go to www.shoprunner.com/mastercard and verify your eligibility for the offer with a World Mastercard or World Elite Mastercard account number and then complete the sign-up for a ShopRunner membership account. For details on how the ShopRunner membership works, please see the ShopRunner Terms and Conditions at www.shoprunner.com/terms/sr , which govern the use of your ShopRunner membership offer. ↩
5. McAfee Offer expires 3/31/2024. New customers who pay for their first annual McAfee Total Protection for Mastercard subscription using a U.S.-issued Mastercard credit card will receive a special introductory price on a 13-month subscription term. Customers will also receive 13 months of McAfee TechMate at no additional cost. Limit one offer per cardholder. Unless you cancel your initial 13-month subscription at least 30 days before it expires, you will be charged the renewal subscription price in effect at the time of your renewal, and it will renew automatically for a 12-month term. You can cancel at any time by accessing your My Account page . For full terms and conditions, visit mcafee.com/mastercard . ↩
6. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Cardholders need to register for this service. This service is provided by Iris® Powered by Generali. Please see your guide to benefits for details or call 1-800-MASTERCARD. ↩
7. These are summary descriptions only. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. To learn more about Zero Liability, visit mastercard.com/zeroliability . Contact your issuing financial institution for complete coverage terms and conditions or call 1.800.Mastercard (1.800.627.8372) for assistance. Applicable to U.S. cardholders only. ↩
8. Valid for eligible Mastercard World Elite credit cardholders in the U.S. See full terms and conditions at https://mtr.mastercardservices.com/en/chtnc . ↩
All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- ABM Locator
- Savings Account
- Tax-Free Savings Account
- Retirement Savings Account
- Retirement Income Fund Savings Account
- US$ Savings Account
- Children’s Savings Account
- View All Savings Accounts
- Looking for Guaranteed Investments (GICs)?
No-Fee Daily Chequing Account
- World Mastercard®
- Money-Back Credit Card
- Compare Credit Cards
- Guaranteed Investment (GICs)
- Mutual Fund Investments
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Retirement Income Fund (RIF)
- Non-Registered Investment
- Home Equity Line of Credit
- Line of Credit
- View All Borrowing Options
- Learning Centre | The Juice
- Money Management Tools
- Help Centre
- Business Savings Account
- US$ Business Savings Account
- Business Guaranteed Investment
- US$ Business Guaranteed Investment
- Learning Centre - The Juice
- Retirement Savings Account (RSP)
- Retirement Income Fund Savings Account (RIF)
- View All Borrowing Solutions
- Learning Centre
- Money-back Credit Card
- Guaranteed Investments (GIC)
- US$ Guaranteed Investments (GIC)
Tangerine World Mastercard®
- 2% Money-Back Categories of your choice + 0.5% on everything else
- Money-Back Rewards deposited into your Account monthly
- Additional Mastercard® benefits
Are you already a Client?
Log in if you already bank with us, or take just a few minutes to sign up and become a client.
Unlimited money back and no annual fee
Earn cash back.
Earn 2% Money-Back Rewards in up to 3 Categories of your choice, and 0.50% Money-Back Rewards on all your everyday purchases.
Earn extra Rewards
Get your Rewards deposited into your Tangerine Savings Account and get a third 2% Money-Back Category.
Money-Back Rewards are unlimited and automatically paid monthly.
2% Money-Back Categories
Get your Rewards deposited into your Tangerine Savings Account and earn more!
2% Money-Back Rewards on purchases in two categories of your choice.
Deposit your Rewards into a Tangerine Savings Account and get a third 2% Money-Back Category.
Recurring Bill Payment
Public Transportation and Parking
Transfer and save
During your first 30 days, transfer balances and pay an interest rate of only 1.95% on the transferred balance for the first 6 months (19.95% after that). A Balance Transfer fee of 1% on the amount transferred will apply. †
World Mastercard® Benefits
Mastercard® travel rewards*.
While travelling outside Canada, use this Card to unlock cashback offers at participating merchants.
Mastercard® Travel Pass Provided By DragonPass***
Exclusive dining, retail and spa offers in over 650 airports worldwide, along with access to over 1,300 airport lounges at $32 USD per visit.
Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard®*
Stay connected with access to more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world.
On-Demand and Subscription Services*
Enjoy special benefits and offers from on-demand apps & subscription services.
Additional Card features
Free cards for authorized users on your account.
Add up to 5 people – one Account, multiple Cards, no extra charge.
Easy online Pause My Card feature–in case you need it
If you ever think you’ve lost or misplaced your Card, there’s no need to panic. With a couple quick clicks, you can temporarily suspend it.
Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance and Mobile Device Insurance**
Get damage & theft protection for car rental plus up to $1,000 of coverage for your mobile device.
Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty**
You may receive a lifetime maximum of up to $60,000.
Made of 100% recycled plastic
Using recycled plastic reduces the CO2 footprint by 61%^. That’s why our Credit Cards are now made of 100% recycled plastic.
Stay updated with Orange Alerts
Customize your preferences to receive important Account alerts through text or email.
Spend smart and confidently
No matter what device, we’ve got you covered. Add your Tangerine Client Card and Credit Card to your mobile wallet and use it where contactless payments are accepted.
Left to Spend
Left to Spend is a smart way to track your spending. See where your money is going and keep track of how much money you have left to spend each month.
Discover Left to Spend
Fees & Interest
There is $0 annual fee with the Tangerine World Mastercard®
Grace Period: We calculate interest on any amount owed from the transaction date until that amount has been paid in full. However, we don’t charge interest on new purchases that appear on your Credit Card Account statement for the first time if we receive payment in full of your balance (as shown on your Credit Card Account statement) by the Payment Due Date on that statement. This interest-free grace period doesn’t apply to Cash Advances.
See the Disclosure Statement that you will receive with your Card for full details about the fees and rates that apply to your Card.
Check out these helpful articles
Credit cards vs. debit cards: what's the difference.
Knowing how credit cards and debit cards work can impact your purchasing decisions and how you manage your finances. Read on to learn the key differences.
Picking the right rewards credit card
One way to get the most out of your credit card purchases and add a bit of wiggle room back into your budget is to have a card that offers a rewards program.
Download the app
Become a Client completely digitally with our Mobile Banking app. Sign up without leaving your home or having to call us—it’s a fast, convenient and secure mobile experience ‡ .
Don’t have our Mobile Banking app yet? Download it today, so you can bank easily from anywhere.
Signing up on Web is cool too!
Take a look at our other products
Tangerine line of credit.
Money that's always there to borrow when you need it, with the flexibility to repay and reuse at your own pace.
No fees for daily chequing transactions, no minimum balance requirements, and earn interest.
* Rewards Promotional Offer:
The Tangerine 10% Limited-time Promotional Offer (the “Offer”) is only available to new Tangerine Credit Card Account holders who (i) apply for a Tangerine World Mastercard (the “Account”) by April 30, 2024, (ii) activate their Account within 45 days of approval, and (iii) have up to a maximum of $1,000 in total Net Purchases posted to their Account within the 60-day period beginning on the date the Tangerine World Mastercard is activated. “Net Purchases” include purchases charged to the Account (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers and Cash-Like Transactions), interest, fees, insurance premiums, adjustments or other charges. The Offer Bonus of 10% (up to $100) will be credited to the Primary Cardholder’s Account within 1–2 statement cycles after the 60-day promotional period provided the Account is open and in Good Standing at time of payout. Limit of one Offer per eligible Client. This Offer is non-transferable. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time. All other Account terms, including the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards program terms, remain unchanged and continue to apply. See the Tangerine Credit Card Cardholder Agreement for more details, including definitions of any capitalized terms.
Applicants must apply for the Card and must consent to a credit check. Accounts must be in Good Standing in order to receive Money-Back Rewards.
See the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards Program Terms & Conditions for full details.
*Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For full Mastercard World Benefit terms, visit mastercard.ca/world . For additional terms applicable to Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard, visit www.boingo.com/legal/end-user-license-agreement-boingo-customer-agreement/. For additional terms applicable to Mastercard Travel Rewards, visit mtr.mastercardservices.com/en/tnc . All Mastercard World Benefits are provided by Mastercard International or its affiliates or other third parties. Tangerine Bank is not responsible for any Mastercard World Benefits.
Balance Transfers are treated as Cash Advances and interest applies from the transaction date that appears on your monthly statement to the date you repay the balance in full. There is no interest-free grace period on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.
Annual Interest Rates: The annual interest rate on Purchases and Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers) is 19.95%. Rates are subject to change. If you don't make 2 consecutive monthly Minimum Payments, or at any time thereafter, an interest rate of 24.95% will apply to your Account on Purchases and Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers).
Other Fees and Rates: These fees are charged on the day the transaction occurs (unless otherwise indicated): Cash Advance: $3.50 within Canada, $5 outside of Canada; Balance Transfer: 3% or minimum of $5 (unless reduced or waived) of the amount transferred when it is posted to your Account. Dishonoured Payment: $25; Rush Card: $25; Over-Limit: $25 (maximum one Over-Limit charge per monthly statement period); Past Statement Reprint: $5 per past statement. There is no charge for a reprint of your current monthly statement. Foreign Currency Conversion: When the converted transaction amount gets posted to your Account, we'll add a foreign currency conversion fee of 2.50% to the converted transaction amount.
See your Information Box in the application for full details or visit Tangerine.ca/CreditCardLegal . Rates and fees are subject to change.
†Balance Transfer Promotional Offer at 1.95% for 6 months (1% Balance Transfer Fee)
A Promotional Rate of 1.95% will apply to any and all Balance Transfers made within 30 days of the Account opening, and will remain in effect for 6 Statement Periods from the date the last such Balance Transfer was posted to the Account (the “Promotional Rate Period”). To take advantage of this Promotional Offer, you must complete the Balance Transfer request within 30 days of Account approval. You must also activate your Card within 45 days of Account approval for the requested Balance Transfer to be processed, or the Balance Transfer will be automatically cancelled. Balance Transfers are treated as Cash Advances on your Card and do not have an interest-free grace period. Balance Transfers may not exceed the available credit on the Account. If the Balance Transfer exceeds the available credit, the Balance Transfer transaction will not be processed. A 1% Balance Transfer Fee will be charged on each Balance Transfer amount and will be immediately charged to your Credit Card. This Balance Transfer Fee is waived by Tangerine if you are a resident of the province of Quebec at the time you accept this offer. Interest does not accrue on the Balance Transfer Fee, however it is included in the Minimum Payment amount on your monthly statement. You must continue to make all of your monthly Minimum Payments by the Payment Due Dates shown on your monthly statements. If you still have an amount owing from your Balance Transfer when the Promotional Rate Period ends, the Cash Advance interest rate of 19.95% will apply to that amount. You must continue to make the Minimum Payments on your Account, regardless of whether the Balance Transfer has been processed to your Account. Balance Transfers may not be used to transfer money to or from another Tangerine Account. See the Tangerine Credit Card Cardholder Agreement for more information about how we apply payments to your Account.
**Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For details of the coverage, including definitions and benefits, refer to the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card.
***Offers vary by location. More details are available at Mastercard® Travel Pass or the Mastercard app. For full terms and conditions of use, go to mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com/terms-of-use . The Mastercard Airport Experiences offers are made available to you through Mastercard. Tangerine Bank is not responsible for the Mastercard Airport Experiences or any offers made available under those offers. Fees for this benefit are subject to change by Mastercard.
Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers) do not earn Tangerine Money-Back Rewards. See the terms and conditions of the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards Program at Tangerine.ca/CreditCardLegal for full details on other items that do not earn Tangerine Money-Back Rewards.
Any of these offers may be changed or cancelled at any time without notice.
^Source: Convego® Recycled: Set greener sustainability standards for payment solutions , 2021
Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks, and True Name is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Tangerine is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under licence.
Forward Banking is a registered trademark of Tangerine Bank.
Explore the world with mastercard's offers curated specially for you.
*Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For more information, please refer to your benefits guide or contact your issuing financial institution. ↩
**Offers may not always be available and may expire, be changed, or removed without notice. ↩
1. Offer expires 09/30/2024. New customers who pay for their first annual McAfee Total Protection for Mastercard subscription using an eligible Canada-issued Mastercard credit card will receive a special introductory price on a 13-month subscription term. Customers will also receive 13 months of McAfee TechMate at no additional cost. Limit one offer per cardholder. Unless you cancel your initial 13-month subscription at least 30 days before it expires, you will be charged the renewal subscription price in effect at the time of your renewal, and it will renew automatically for a 12-month term. You can cancel at any time or change your auto-renewal settings by accessing your My Account page . Pricing is subject to change. Mastercard reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time without notice. You may request a refund by contacting McAfee customer support within 30 days of initial purchase or within 60 days of automatic renewal. Neither Mastercard nor any participating financial institution card issuer has any involvement in or responsibility for McAfee’s products or services and are not responsible for any claims or damages arising from the use of the McAfee products and services. Additional terms and conditions apply. Not all features may be available on all devices. For full terms and conditions, visit https://www.mcafee.com/mastercard-en-ca . ↩
2. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For full details, please visit: http://www.boingo.com/legal/end-user-license-agreement-boingo-customer-agreement/ ↩
3. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For full details, please visit: https://mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com/terms-and-conditions ↩
4. Get emergency assistance virtually anytime, anywhere and in any language. Mastercard Global Service helps you with reporting a lost or stolen card, obtaining an emergency card replacement or cash advance, finding an ATM location and answering questions on your account. For more information, please visit: https://sea.mastercard.com/en-region-sea/consumers/get-support/global-services.html ↩
5. Zero Liability does not apply to Mastercard cards issued: to an entity other than a natural person; primarily for business, commercial, or agricultural purposes; until such time as that person’s identity is registered by or on behalf of the Issuer in connection with the issuance and/or use of such card, which registration may include appropriate customer identification program requirements; outside of Canada. ↩
All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
12 best credit cards for airline miles in February 2024
Fortune Recommends™ has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Fortune Recommends™ and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Whether earning airline miles towards your next vacation or simply looking to make the flying experience more enjoyable, airlines offer credit cards to help make that even easier. You can get airline frequent flyer program miles, preferred boarding, checked bag waivers, and even gain entry to the coveted VIP airport lounges .
Not all credit cards that earn miles are the same, so it’s important to understand the difference between them all. Many, especially the most premium ones, will come with an annual fee, so it’s also important to factor that into your decision-making process.
To help you choose the best card, the Fortune Recommends TM team evaluated approximately 30 of the top credit cards that earn airline miles available today. We’ve ranked them based on factors such as annual fees, rewards structure, annual percentage rate (APR) , consumer benefits, and more. Read on to see our top picks.
You may notice that our list doesn’t include just airline co-branded credit cards that earn miles, but also premium cards earning transferable points that can transfer into a multiple of airline miles programs. For those travelers who are in a committed relationship with one specific airline, co-branded credit cards may be the best option as some of the benefits are targeted precisely to those frequent flyers. You will be earning miles with one specific airline, and while those miles may be redeemable for flights on that airline’s partners, redemptions remain limited to that specific program.
See our full methodology here.
All interest rates, rewards, and fees are accurate at time of publication, but are subject to change.
The 12 best airline credit cards
- Best flat-rate card earning airline miles: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Best premium card earning airline miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- Best card earning airline miles for transfer partners: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Best no-annual-fee card that earns airline miles: Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Best card earning miles for Companion Pass: Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Best card earning airline miles for lounge access : The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best Delta Air Lines miles-earning card : Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
Best United Airlines miles-earning card: United SM Explorer Card
- Best American Airlines miles-earning card: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
- Best foreign airline mile-earning card: Aeroplan Credit Card
- Best budget airline mile-earning card: JetBlue Plus Card
- Best cash-back airline card: U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
Best flat-rate airline miles-earning card: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Why we like this card .
The Capital One Venture Rewards card is ideal for both avid travelers and everyday consumers who want to earn travel rewards without the complexity often associated with other travel rewards cards. The card offers a flat earn rate of 2x miles on every purchase, without the need to track specific spending categories. It also boosts the rewards rate to5x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel . This simplicity is coupled with the flexibility of redemption options; miles can be used to book travel through Capital One, cover travel purchases, or transferred to a variety of both airline and hotel loyalty programs to obtain even more potential value.
Further, the Capital One Venture Rewards card comes with added benefits such as an up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees every 4 years, rental car insurance, extended warranty protection, and more. The card also has no foreign transaction fees, making it a cost-effective choice for international spending. With a substantial welcome bonus, this card strikes a balance between lucrative rewards and user-friendly features, appealing to a broad spectrum of cardholders.
Best premium airline miles-earning card: Capital One Venture X
The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card has a robust rewards program and travel benefits that cater to frequent travelers. One of its standout features is the generous rewards rate. These miles can be redeemed for travel, transferred to over a dozen travel partners, or use your miles to cover recent travel purchases.
As an extra perk, you can earn 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary.
Another hallmark of the Venture X card is its rich suite of travel perks. Cardholders enjoy access to the Capital One lounge network and over 1,300 partner lounges worldwide through Priority Pass. Additionally, the card offers a statement credit for the TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee, up to a $300 annual travel credit for bookings through Capital One Travel, and no foreign transaction fees. Its comprehensive travel protection benefits, including trip delay and cancellation insurance, add another layer of comfort for travelers.
Best airline miles-earning card for no annual fee: Capital One VentureOne Credit Card
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card provides a straightforward earning structure, allowing cardholders to earn Capital One Venture Miles which can be redeemed for travel, gift cards, or statement credits for past travel purchases. This simplicity in earning and redeeming rewards makes it an accessible option for those new to travel cards or those who prefer a no-fuss rewards program with no annual fee.
The VentureOne includes a modest welcome bonus and its 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months (after that, the variable APR will be 19.99%–29.99%) provides an opportunity for cardholders to finance larger purchases or manage cash flow without accumulating interest charges. These features, combined with benefits like travel accident insurance and secondary rental car coverage, position the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card as a strong contender for cost-conscious consumers who value simplicity and savings.
Best airline miles-earning card for transfer partners: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® not only offers a generous rewards structure, but many ways to boost their value when you redeem them.
Points can be redeemed for 1.5 cents each towards travel booked through Chase, or they can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to a number of airline and hotel loyalty programs. This flexibility in redemption makes the points extremely valuable for travelers looking to leverage them for premium flights and accommodations.
Aside from its rewards program, the card offers a comprehensive suite of travel benefits. Cardholders also enjoy an up to $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees every 4 years which along with the travel credit helps take the sting from the card’s annual fee.
The inclusion of a Priority Pass Select membership provides access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide for added comfort during your travels, and for peace of mind, a number of travel protections, such as trip cancellation/interruption insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, and emergency evacuation coverage are also included. These premium perks, combined with strong earning potential, make the Chase Sapphire Reserve one of the most attractive cards for avid travelers.
Best airline miles-earning card for Companion Pass: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier card gets you a straight line to the coveted Companion Pass . Southwest Airlines' Companion Pass is one of, if not the best, companion passes on the market. For every flight that you take you can take a companion with you, and this card helps you earn points to get there. For every dollar that you spend on the card you’ll earn one point towards your companion pass status and you’ll even earn a 10,000 point boost each year on your card member anniversary.
If you value Southwest Airlines miles then this card is for you, earning a strong 3 miles per dollar on all Southwest purchases. Transit, rideshare and commuting purchases all earn 2 miles per dollar as do internet, cable, cell phone and streaming services. All of these are popular categories you’re probably spending money on, so earning a bonus is a no brainer.
All Southwest Airlines flights come with two free checked bags, so there’s no need to worry about having this card to get free bags, but if something were to happen to those bags, you’re protected against loss, damage, and delay. If your bags are damaged or lost, you’re covered for up to $3,000 and if your bags are delayed in getting to you, you can go get basic necessities on your trip so you’re not left without toiletries and clothes.
Best miles-earning airline card for lounge access: The Platinum Card® from American Express
To view rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, see this page .
The Amex Platinum Card is perhaps the epitome of luxury travel and comprehensive benefits. One of the card’s best features is its vast access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, including the exclusive Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), and Priority Pass Select lounges. This card also offers an impressive suite of travel credits that easily offset the annual fee, including:
- up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your card
- up to $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card® (minimum 2-night stay required)
- up to $200 in Uber Cash on rides or eats orders in the U.S. annually
- up to $20 back in statement credits each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Disney+, a Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, The New York Times, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The Wall Street Journal
Coupled with comprehensive travel insurance coverage and purchase protections, the card’s benefits cater to a luxury-oriented clientele who can leverage these features in order to offset the premium card’s annual fee.
Best Delta Air Lines miles-earning card: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card gives Delta Air Lines frequent flyers access to the Delta Sky Club and Centurion Lounges as well as free checked bags and a companion certificate. You will enjoy access to both the Delta Sky Club and the Centurion Lounge network so you can relax before boarding your flight.
The card packs other benefits like first checked bags free for you and up to eight other passengers on the same reservation, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars on your next family vacation, as well as an annual companion certificate that allows you to buy a second ticket for a domestic round-trip flight for just the taxes and fees. Other fringe perks include a 15% discount when redeeming miles for award flights on Delta, 20% back on in-flight purchases with Delta and an up to $100 credit towards your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck membership every 4 years.
To view rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, see this page .
The United SM Explorer Card will get you free checked bags and access to the United Club for a low annual fee that is waived for the first year. You also get two one-time United Club passes per year so you can get a taste of the VIP treatment.
The Explorer card comes with a credit of up to $100 for your Global Entry, TSA PreCheck or NEXUS membership every 4 years, and it can help you save on your in-flight purchases or United Club premium drinks by giving you back 25% on those purchases.
Best American Airlines miles-earning card: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®
The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is a premium airline co-branded card specifically targeted to American Airlines frequent flyers. Its flagship benefit is the Admirals Club® membership, which allows both the primary cardholder and authorized users access to American Airlines Admirals Club lounges. This perk alone can justify the card’s annual fee, as a membership costs between $700 and $850 depending on the individual’s status with the airline.
This card helps accelerate mileage earnings with a whopping 10 miles per dollar spent on eligible car rentals and hotels booked through American’s travel portal, and a respectable rewards rate on other eligible purchases. New cardholders can also earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $7,000 within the first three months of account opening.
You’ll also earn a 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 50,000 Loyalty Points in a status qualification year. Earn another 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 90,000 Loyalty Points in the same status qualification year.
This card comes with a suite of travel benefits that enhance the flying experience with American Airlines, such as a 25% discount on inflight food and beverage purchases, a fee credit of up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck every 4 years, priority check-in and boarding privileges, a free checked bag on domestic itineraries for up to eight travel companions, and more. These features make the card highly valuable for loyal American Airlines customers, offering a fast track to both comfort and status within the airline’s loyalty ecosystem.
Best budget airline card that earns miles: JetBlue Plus Card
The JetBlue Plus Card is an attractive option for JetBlue frequent flyers trying to maximize their loyalty rewards.
Further, the card offers a sizable welcome bonus. JetBlue Plus cardholders also benefit from valuable airline-specific perks that enhance the JetBlue flying experience. These include a free first checked bag for the cardholder and up to three companions on the same reservation, an anniversary bonus of 5,000 points, a 50% savings on in-flight purchases, and the opportunity to earn Mosaic elite status after reaching a certain spending threshold within a calendar year. You also get 10% of your points back after you redeem for and travel on a JetBlue-operated Award Flight. Plus, you can receive one $100 statement credit each calendar year after you purchase a JetBlue Vacations package of $100 or more with your JetBlue Plus Card.
Best cash back airline card: U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card
The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card sets itself apart with a rewards program that bonuses a wide range of spending categories. The Altitude Connect offers a suite of travel and lifestyle benefits that far outweigh the $95 annual fee, which is waived in the first year. For example, cardholders enjoy an array of protections such as rental car insurance, extended warranty coverage, and cell phone protection when the monthly bill is paid with the card.
The Altitude Connect also comes with a complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which gives you four free visits to over 1,300 airport VIP lounges and experiences worldwide. You also receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years to cover your TSA PreCheck® or Global Entry fees, a $30 credit for annual streaming service purchases like Netflix, Apple TV+, Spotify and more. There are no foreign transaction fees with this card.
Best foreign airline card that earns miles: Aeroplan® Credit Card
For a low annual fee, the Aeroplan® Card will give you great perks when flying Air Canada including status, free checked bags and the ability to earn substantial rewards with your spend.
Signing up for this card comes with automatic Aeroplan 25k status for the year you sign up and the following year, meaning that when you travel through the airport you’ll get premium treatment and even have the chance to get upgrades on Air Canada flights. Plus, Aeroplan miles are useful when flying Star Alliance partners like United Airlines, meaning the Aeroplan card may actually earn you more miles to use on United than a United card depending on your spending.
Not only will you earn 3 Aeroplan miles per dollar spent with Air Canada directly but you’ll snag 3 miles at grocery stores, restaurants, takeout, and delivery services. This means the potential to build up a big balance of miles is limited only by your appetite to eat at restaurants and grocery stores.
The free luggage perk isn’t just for you when you book a flight. If you’ve got friends and family traveling with you, up to eight additional members, everyone will get a free bag, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars per flight. A slew of other benefits like a Global Entry, TSA PreCheck or NEXUS membership credit, bonused mileage transfers, and a complimentary Doordash membership make the annual fee much easier to swallow.
Airline mile-earning cards and transferable point cards
Travelers who are more airline independent may want to opt for cards earning transferable points. These cards tend to offer wide ranging premium benefits like lounge access, travel credits and other perks you can take advantage of regardless of the airline you’re flying. Additionally, all the points you earn can be transferred to a multitude of airline programs in order to redeem for award tickets, so your options are much broader.
Most of the cards on this list will grant you some sort of access to an airport lounge, however not all lounges are created equal. Many of these co-branded airline credit cards come with access to their own lounges, like the Delta SkyMiles Reserve Amex letting you into the Delta Sky Club or the Citi AAdvantage Executive card letting you into the Admirals Club.
Other cards, especially those with their own transferable points programs, come with complimentary Priority Pass memberships that will proverbially open doors to more than 1,300 lounges and restaurants at airports worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i choose the best airline credit card.
Choosing the best airline credit card for you is much like going shopping for clothes. While there are always great options in the rack, not everything will end up being a great fit for you. Credit cards are tailored to target different cardholders’ wants and needs, so before choosing one, think hard about their benefits and drawbacks. If you’re able to take advantage of most of the offered perks, you might be able to justify its annual fee, but if you don’t see yourself using those perks, it may be smart to try on the next card for size. Consider the categories you spend the most money on, the kind of travel you’re currently doing, the types of award travel you would like to embark on and how willing you are to pay for premium annual fees in exchange for perks and benefits - this will help you narrow down what card would best fit your travel needs.
How much are airline miles worth?
The value of airline miles is, at best, hard to calculate because of its subjective nature. Some airline miles are easy to earn as you can do so in many ways, ranging from flying with the airline to spending with its co-branded credit card. Others are virtually impossible to obtain if you’re not spending multiple hours sitting on a flight after spending hundreds of dollars with the airline.
The most important calculation you can do is weigh how much value you are able to obtain from them. If these miles are hard for you to earn but you can redeem them for the kind of travel you want, then they are valuable to you. Conversely, the easiest miles to earn will be worthless if they are of no use to you.
Do I earn status using an airline credit card?
It depends. Some credit cards automatically confer airline status just by holding them like Aeroplan credit card, other cards like the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® will help you get part of the way into qualification, but others, like those earning transferable points, will not help you earn any kind of airline status while offering you some of the most exclusive perks.
Do I get into the airport lounge with an airline card?
While airline credit cards offer a whole host of airline specific perks, not all of them will grant you access to an airline lounge. Generally, premium credit cards -particularly those with a high dollar amount annual fee- will offer entry to airport lounges. Some cards let you access lounges for one specific airline, like the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®, but others offer access to a larger network of non-airline affiliated lounges, like the Capital One Venture X or American Express Platinum card, as well as the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect card, which comes with access to the Priority Pass network of lounges.
Do I get free checked bags with an airline card?
Not all cards offer the same kind of benefits. Some, like the Delta SkyMiles Reserve card will grant you a fee-free first checked bag for you and up to 8 additional passengers on the same reservation when flying Delta, some will get you and just one companion a free checked bag each like the United Explorer Card, but other cards -like The American Express Platinum card- offer to offset some airline incidental fees in general which can be used to cover checked bag fees.
To bring you our top picks for the best airline credit cards, the Fortune Recommends TM team compared approximately 30 cards available from major issuers.
We ranked each account in these core categories:
- Annual fee (15%): Some credit cards charge an annual fee, which can range from $50 to several hundred dollars. Usually, the more valuable the rewards and perks associated with a card, the higher the annual fee. However, some cards do not charge a fee at all.
- Highest travel rewards rate (20%): This is the maximum rewards rate awarded on travel purchases.
- Transferable miles/points (10%): We examined whether miles or points could be transferred to other loyalty programs.
- Welcome bonus (10%): It’s common for airline cards to offer new cardholders a miles or points bonus after they spend a certain amount within a specific timeframe after opening an account.
- Foreign transaction fee (10%): Some credit cards charge a fee for transactions made overseas. Cards that charge foreign transaction fees were docked in our rankings.
- Travel perks (25%): Cards were awarded 0–6 points based on which added travel perks were included: lounge access, companion ticket, statement credit for Global Access/TSA PreCheck, inflight travel credits or discounts, free checked bags, priority boarding.
- Consumer benefits (10%): Cards were awarded 0–5 points based on which consumer benefits/protections were included: lost baggage/baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, purchase protection, extended warranty, cell phone insurance.
Keep in mind that the rewards, interest rates, and fee structures for the cards mentioned are available for limited periods and subject to change, which could impact how many miles or points you earn.
Please note that card details are accurate as of the publish date, but are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the issuer. Please contact the card issuer to verify rates, fees, and benefits before applying.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions, and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by Amex Assurance Company.
Eligibility and Benefit level varies by Card. Terms, Conditions, and Limitations Apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefits guide for more details. Underwritten by Amex Assurance Company.
This story was originally featured on Fortune.com
Lionel Messi will start in Inter Miami's MLS season opener: How to watch Wednesday's match
Major League Soccer’s 29th season begins Wednesday, and the world’s best player will be featured in primetime.
Lionel Messi is healthy and prepared to play all 90 minutes — if needed — of Inter Miami’s opening match against Real Salt Lake in the newly named Chase Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Newcomer Luis Suarez, Messi’s former teammate from his Barcelona days, is also healthy for his Inter Miami debut.
“They’re playing and they’re ready to play,” Inter Miami coach Tata Martino said of Messi and Suarez during a news conference Tuesday. “If they’re required to play 90 minutes, we’re going to look at it always depending on the need of the team.”
Messi tickets: Here are the Top 10 highest-selling MLS games in 2024
How to watch Messi match: Inter Miami vs. Real Salt Lake
MLS Season Pass on Apple TV will stream the Inter Miami vs. Real Salt Lake season kickoff match.
Messi debuts Apple Music playlist, Argentina documentary on Apple TV+
Lionel Messi fans can find their Messi fix on Apple TV+ and Apple Music.
The documentary “Messi’s World Cup: The Rise of a Legend” debuts Wednesday on Apple TV+ in time for the start of the MLS season.
Messi and Apple Music also released a music playlist Tuesday, titled “Messi: The Warm-Up.”
“For as long as I can remember, music has played an important part in my life, especially on match days,” Messi told Apple Music. “Music quiets my mind, helps me stay calm and relaxed.”
MLS Season Pass on Apple TV will also broadcast every MLS game this season.
Update on Messi, Suarez, Sergio Busquets injuries
Martino said Messi is “fully fit” after experiencing some discomfort in his hip adductor, causing him to miss a preseason match in Hong Kong Feb. 4. Messi has returned to form after two preseason matches in Tokyo Feb. 7 and played against his childhood club Newell’s Old Boys last Thursday.
As for Suarez, he also missed the Hong Kong match due to knee inflammation, but played in Tokyo and against Newell’s.
Inter Miami’s Sergio Busquets, another former Barcelona star, is also healthy after an ankle injury in Tokyo, and should play in the opener. He did not play against Newell’s.
Can Lionel Messi and Inter Miami be MLS Cup champions?
Let’s get right into the expectations for Messi and Inter Miami in 2024.
Inter Miami will participate in the Champions Cup, the Leagues Cup, the U.S. Open Cup and the MLS Cup this season, and Messi intends to play for Argentina in Copa America and other World Cup qualifying games.
The goal is to win, of course.
“I want to win all of the tournaments during the season,” Inter Miami’s Jordi Alba, the fourth former Barcelona star on the team.
“We’ll see which ones we can win, but the attention of the team is to go game-to-game, and we’ll see how far we can go. Hopefully, we can win all of them. That’s the idea.”
However, USA TODAY Network's soccer reporters and writers are skeptical on Inter Miami’s chances to win the MLS title this season.
Messi clears the air on China trip
Messi posted a video Monday on Weibo , one of the largest social media platforms in China, to dispel “false stories” he did not play in Hong Kong earlier this month due to “political reasons and many other reasons that are totally untrue.”
Messi reaffirmed his adductor injury was the cause for his absence, which was met with disappointment by fans and local officials in Hong Kong.
“I’d already said all of this, but I think it was important to say it again now after everything that’s being said,” Messi said. “As always, I send good wishes to everyone to China, who I’ve always had and continue to have special affection. I hope to see you again soon.”
Messi meets fan who created sneakers to honor Messi’s career
Andrés Salerno never thought his Lionel Messi customized sneakers would go viral. And he never thought he would get the chance to make a pair, and give them directly to his soccer idol.
Salerno, a DJ and sneaker customizer from Oakland, California, flew to Miami last week to meet Messi and present him with the shoes.
“It was amazing. It was magical. It was brief, probably less than 10 minutes. I got a chance to present him with the shoes, and talk about the design,” said Salerno, also known as DJ Stepwise and sneaker designer Stepkicks .
“I’m Argentinian. This was definitely a dream come true for me.”
Lionel Messi, Inter Miami upcoming schedule
After Wednesday’s opener, Inter Miami will travel to face L.A. Galaxy Feb. 25.
Here’s the Inter Miami schedule for March 2024:
∎March 2: Orlando at 4:30 p.m. (Home)
∎March 7: Nashville SC or Moca FC at Time TBD (Away)
This will be the first leg of a Round of 16 match in the CONCACAF Champions Cup.
∎March 10: Montreal at 5 p.m. (Home)
∎March 13: Nashville SC or Moca FC at Time TBD (Home)
This is the second leg of a Round of 16 match in the CONCACAF Champions Cup.
∎March 16: DC at 2 p.m. (Away)
∎March 23: New York Red Bulls at 2 p.m. (Away)
∎March 30: NYCFC at 7:30 p.m. (Home)