Tesco Travel Money
Bureau De Change
11 Princess Alice Drive, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6RB ( Show me directions ) Show Map
0121 35...Main Main
Monday to Saturday: 09:00 to 18:00 , Sunday: 10:00 to 16:00
Tesco Travel Money near you, is located within our store in New Oscott Extra - Travel Money, we bring you a seamless experience to easily exchange foreign currency. Whether you're looking for travel money or searching for where you can exchange foreign currency hassle-free, our dedicated service ensures your needs are met. Say goodbye to the stress of finding a reliable foreign currency exchange in New Oscott Extra - Travel Money and trust Tesco Travel Money to provide you with the convenience you are looking for. Opening hours are consistently reviewed by our team to ensure that they are always updated, and correct.
Verified on Central Index
Verified ID: 930997858291712 Verified 20/01/2024 @ 16:46:22 Last updated 20/01/2024 @ 16:46:23
Report a problem with this listing
New Oscott Extra Tesco Petrol Filling Station
You're miles better off with Clubcard vouchers
Use your Clubcard vouchers to get money off fuel at our petrol stations
About Tesco Petrol Filling Station at New Oscott Extra
The Tesco petrol filling station in Sutton Coldfield offers great prices on unleaded and diesel fuel.
Frequently Asked Questions
We regularly review our fuel prices to ensure they are in line with the market and we're receiving deliveries of all the time. For the most up to date information, please visit your local petrol filling station.
Our Store Locator shows the times when fuel is available at our petrol filling stations. If you would like to know when the kiosk is open, just ask one of our in-store colleagues when you're next in.
Under new rules implemented by Mastercard, Visa and American Express, we must now request authorisation from your card issuer for up to £120.00. Once you've finished filling up, the final transaction amount is sent to your card issuer, and the remainder of any unused funds up to the maximum filling amount will be released back to your available balance. We'll only ever charge you for the value of the fuel you've actually purchased. If you have a problem with a payment, please contact the bank that issued your card.
If you've used a Clubcard, please ask at the Petrol Filling Station you went to within 30 days of your purchase. For Pay at the Pump purchases, insert your card into any of the pump card machines at the petrol station you used and select 'Print Receipt'.
FuelService is a free to download app that helps you find assistance if you need support to refuel your car. If you don't have a smart phone, you can call +44(0)161 694 8000 and type in the 5 digit site specific code found at the petrol garage, or find it here 10021, or by visiting https://www.fuelservice.org/en/findstation
You can collect 1 point for every £2 spent on fuel. Remember to scan your Clubcard at the pump or in the kiosk to get your points.
Please visit your local petrol filling station to see the types of fuel we have available.
The facilities available are dependent on the station you're visiting, but we offer excellent choices including Waves hand car wash, Rollover car wash, jet wash and IMO conveyor car wash.
Nearby stores, tesco travel money 11 princess alice drive, f&f clothing 11 princess alice drive, tesco pharmacy 11 princess alice drive.
TESCO - Beggars Bush, Birmingham
Opening times tesco - beggars bush, birmingham, holiday opening hours 2024 show.
Is this information correct?
Offers & Special Buys TESCO
- Thu 25/01 - Wed 31/01/24
- TESCO Magazine January
- Mon 01/01 - Wed 31/01/24
View more TESCO popular offers
Phone number 0800-505-555 Website www.tesco.com Social sites Customer rating ( 1 x) 1 5 1
TESCO - Beggars Bush, Birmingham - Opening Hours & Store Details
Visit TESCO Extra in Princess Alice Retail Park at 11 Princess Alice Drive, approximately a 2.03 mile drive south-west of the centre of Sutton Coldfield, in New Oscott ( a few minutes walk from St.Mary's College and New Oscott Primary School ). This supermarket serves the people of Wylde Green, Kingstanding, New Oscott, Short Heath, Boldmere, Old Oscott and Queslett. Today (Thursday), it is open 6:00 am - midnight. Here you will find some essential information about TESCO Beggars Bush, Birmingham, including the open hours, local navigation and telephone details.
Getting Here - Princess Alice Drive, New Oscott
TESCO Extra can be found right near the crossroads of Princess Alice Drive and Chester Road North, in New Oscott, Sutton Coldfield, at Princess Alice Retail Park.
Merely a 1 minute drive from Kings Road, Chester Road, Jockey Road and College Road; a 4 minute drive from Sutton Road and Queslett Road East; and a 8 minute trip from Newton Road and Junction 7 (Great Barr) of M6.
To find this store using Sat Nav devices, enter the postcode B73 6RB.
The public buses operate to Jockey Road/The Beggars Bush, Kings Road/Beggars Bush and Chester Road North/Tesco. Use routes 5, 77, 88, 89, 604, 757, 872, 879, 907 or A52.
If you are arriving by train, Wylde Green Station (1.15 mi away) is nearby. Take the line: London Midland.
In walking distance, you can discover Boldmere Golf Course, Boldmere Shopping Area, Twickenham Primary School, Witton Lakes Park, Sutton Park, New Oscott College Cemetery and Central Square Shopping Centre.
TESCO Locations Nearby Sutton Coldfield
With this store, TESCO now has 6 different branches in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Do you love TESCO? There are other stores located at:
- Sutton Coldfield, Boldmere (0.75 miles away)
- Birmingham, Hawthorn Road (1.28 miles away)
- Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham Road (1.44 miles away)
For more TESCO visit the following page for an entire list of stores near Sutton Coldfield .
Christmas, Easter, Bank Holidays 2024
Legal holidays may cause updates to the typical hours of business for TESCO in Beggars Bush, Birmingham . For the whole of 2024 these changes pertain to Christmas, Boxing Day, Good Friday or August Bank Holiday.
Princess Alice Retail Park
Visit Princess Alice Retail Park today for other quality stores and great offers. This place's additional occupants include: TESCO, LIDL, M&S Marks and Spencer, Next, Poundland, Currys, Carphone Warehouse, Boots, Greggs, Costa Coffee and other options.
Write a Review, Report a Problem
We are working to deliver you with the latest information as possible. If you found any discrepancies or mistakes in the address description or hours of operation for TESCO in Beggars Bush, Birmingham, please utilize this form to report a problem. Your feedback is valued. Please critique TESCO in the box provided below, and use the star rating system to rate this supermarket.
Tesco new oscott, birmingham, kfc sutton coldfield, greggs princess alice retail park, sutton coldfield.
- Home ›
- Reviews ›
Tesco Bank reviews
Tesco Bank are rated Average in 223 reviews
Clubcard Prices are available on Tesco Travel Money. We offer competitive exchange rates and 0% commission on foreign currency. Order and collect your cash from selected Tesco stores. Tesco Travel money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited.
Reviews by day
Showing reviews 1-15 of 223
20 January 2024
Bought travel money
I tried to buy £1000 of Thai Baht online with a Clubcard discount
Computer said Invalid Number
5 tries no joy
Rang Holmebush branch 3 times and after ringing for a while it cut me off every time
Eventually spoke to a human being who confirmed that my Clubcard number was correct
He agreed there was a problem with the website and suggested various technical ways to solve the problem
But after wasting well over an hour I decided NOT TO SPEND MY £1000 WITH TESCO and went to my Bank
18 December 2023
Tesco at formby bypass exchange bureau. I went to get money exchanged only to be told by the woman behind counter that it was closed as she had to much work to catch up on . Have you ever heard such nonsense In all your life no wonder the country is in a mess absolutely bone idol ,never to return.
14 December 2023
Yesterday I was served by Caroline at the Bletchley branch of Tesco to purchase some euros. She was very friendly and opened the kiosk up early for me. This was half an hour before she should have opened. Excellent service.
14 November 2023
Bought £500 worth of Omani rials
Ordered Omani Rial from Tesco travel money to be delivered by home delivery on Tuesday 14th November as I am travelling on Wednesday November 15th. Had day off work to be in on the 14th to be able to sign for the package. At 12.00p.m I received an sms message fro Tesco to say that my money won't be delivered today but could be 24hr delay which means it arrives after I have departed the country. No action from Tesco to help out on any alternative.
Absolutely useless service, do not use.
2 November 2023
Bought £300 worth of US dollars
Bought £300 worth of US dollars. I received most of the money in very high denominations, $100 and $50 dollar bills - absolutely useless for travelling. Will not use their service again.
17 August 2023
Bought £440 worth of Euros
Orded Euro`s online Monday evening for collection Wednesday after 3 p.m from a Local Tesco store .
Rate really good . Collected after 7 p.m from local store , asked to check correct at customer services .
Well done Tesco .
2 August 2023
Bought £300 worth of Euros
If you're a Clubcard holder you get a better rate than what's shown here, so worth checking their website. Money was at my local store the next day and even got a call from the person at the bureau to tell me it was ready and when they would be closed for lunch, breaks etc so I wouldn't be hanging around waiting when I went to collect. Can't fault in any way, will definitely use again.
24 June 2023
Bought £152 worth of Euros
Why is it when you order euros with your credit card they debit it twice. One goes on your account but the other remains in pending and takes a week to come off. This affects the funds available to use.
19 June 2023
Bought £200 worth of Euros
Ordered euros for collection after 3pm today, only to find the Bureau closed, will have to travel to the store again tomorrow and hope it will be open this time.
28 May 2023
Went into Tesco Seacroft Green Foreign Exchange today to get holiday money. We wanted to get the pre-paid travel cards but were unable to as the woman behind the counter hadn't been trained to do this and wasn't confident in doing them. As a result we will have to go back. another day at some inconvenience and at an inconvenient time for my wife and I in order to get our cards sorted. What is the point in putting staff staff who aren't fully trained into this situation and expecting them to be able to do their job. The woman who served us was polite and as helpful as she could be and this complaint is no reflection on her but is aimed at management who should ensure that all staff are fully trained.
13 May 2023
Bought £500 worth of Euros
I previously used the Post Office earlier this year to buy Euros as their exchange rate was great but I was very pleasantly surprised to see Tesco's rate this week (May) was probs the best & even better than the P.O!! The online ordering service was so easy and the money arrived soon after. NO PROBS WHATSOEVER - WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?!!
Ordered a prepaid currency card
Avoid the cashpassport card. What a shambles. Obtained it in the store, added Euros to it and told to login and register the card when I got home. However, I couldn't log in, it wouldn't remember any password either, so had to call their helpline. They couldn't assist me either despite several attempts so was stuck with an unworkable card online. Had no choice but to get to a Tesco, cash it in (of course, the buy back rate is a good 32 cent more than I obtained the Euros for) ended up £40 out of pocket but at least have the majority of my funds back unlike some of the reviewers on here. Moral of the story - don't bother with travel cards from Tesco. It's cheaper to use your own debit cards even with transaction fees. Or just get cash from some place with a better reputation.
25 April 2023
Sold 117 Singapore dollars
Purchase from Tesco was great. Great rate and quick service for collection. Rate for SGP was 1.5650 on 17-3-2023.
On return from holiday I returned to sell my remaining currency. Tesco's rate for Buy SGP on the day I sold 25-4-2023, was 1.5825. rate I was given in store to sell was 1.8890. That is a spread of 16.3%. I am only glad I only returned with minimal currency.
18 March 2023
Bought £604 worth of Euros
I ordered Euros on the Thursday evening and they arrived on Saturday morning. I had been emailed several times to keep me informed of the progress, on Friday they emailed to say they had been dispatched. There was a good mixture of notes. I am very pleased with my transaction, everything went has it should.
5 March 2023
Bought £211 worth of Jordanian dinars
They will not refund you for up to 10 working days if they cannot fulfill your order.
Write a review of Tesco Bank
Rate your experience.
Click or tap a star to rate
Write your review
What product or service are you reviewing.
These last questions are optional, but your answers will appear with your review and will help to give it some context.
What currency did you buy?
How much did you spend.
Tesco New Oscott Extra in Sutton Coldfield Opening Times
Tesco New Oscott Extra at Princess Alice Drive in Sutton Coldfield, B73 6RB is a branch of the Tesco's group.
Tesco New Oscott Extra in Sutton Coldfield is open on monday and wednesday to saturday from 00:00 to 00:00, on tuesday from 06:00 to 00:00 and on sunday from 10:00 to 16:00.
Tesco New Oscott Extra Sutton Coldfield offers 43 services. In this store, you can find services about food counters like Pizza, Meat, World Food, Asian, Fish, Chicken, Free From. It provides also services about store accessibility like An induction loop has been installed in our store. Defibrillator available in store, Facilities are available for people who are visually impaired. Including large print and braille. Facilities are available for people with hearing impairments. Wheelchair assistance is possible in our store. Facilities are available for people with mobility impairment. Assistance dogs are welcome in our store.. Moreover on the general field, like Wifi, Toilets, ATM, Recycling. Also other like 24 hours, Timpson, Tesco Pay+, Krispy Kreme, Deposit Money, Clothing Range, Coinstar, Max Print Kiosk, MoneyGram, Rug Doctor, Direct Returns, Momentum 99, Petrol, Food Collection, Games. Also cafe like Monday 08:00-19:00, Tuesday 08:00-19:00, Wednesday 08:00-19:00, Thursday 08:00-19:00, Friday 08:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00-19:00, Sunday 09:30-16:00. Also clothing collection like Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also direct collection like Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also direct order point like Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also grocery collection like Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-18:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also pharmacy like Monday 08:00-21:00, Tuesday 08:00-21:00, Wednesday 08:00-21:00, Thursday 08:00-21:00, Friday 08:00-21:00, Saturday 08:00-21:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also scan as you shop like Monday 06:00-24:00, Tuesday 06:00-24:00, Wednesday 06:00-24:00, Thursday 06:00-24:00, Friday 06:00-24:00, Saturday 06:00-24:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also tesco mobile shop like Monday 09:00-18:00, Tuesday 09:00-20:00, Wednesday 09:00-20:00, Thursday 09:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-20:00, Saturday 09:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00. Also travel money like Monday 09:00-20:00, Tuesday 09:00-20:00, Wednesday 09:00-20:00, Thursday 09:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-20:00, Saturday 09:00-18:00, Sunday 10:30-16:00. Also vision express ... see the description section below for more information
Where is Tesco New Oscott Extra?
What is the phone number of tesco new oscott extra, other informations about this place.
- Food and Drinks > Store
- Health and Beauty > Pharmacy
- Shopping > Retail Business
- Local Services > Optical Centre
- Cars > Fuel Station
Opening Times of Tesco New Oscott Extra
- An induction loop has been installed in our store.
- Defibrillator available in store
- Facilities are available for people who are visually impaired. Including large print and braille.
- Facilities are available for people with hearing impairments.
- Wheelchair assistance is possible in our store.
- Facilities are available for people with mobility impairment.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in our store.
- Krispy Kreme
- Deposit Money
- Clothing Range
- Max Print Kiosk
- Direct Returns
- Momentum 99
- Food Collection
- Monday 08:00-19:00, Tuesday 08:00-19:00, Wednesday 08:00-19:00, Thursday 08:00-19:00, Friday 08:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00-19:00, Sunday 09:30-16:00
- Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Monday 08:00-20:00, Tuesday 08:00-20:00, Wednesday 08:00-20:00, Thursday 08:00-20:00, Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-18:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Monday 08:00-21:00, Tuesday 08:00-21:00, Wednesday 08:00-21:00, Thursday 08:00-21:00, Friday 08:00-21:00, Saturday 08:00-21:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Monday 06:00-24:00, Tuesday 06:00-24:00, Wednesday 06:00-24:00, Thursday 06:00-24:00, Friday 06:00-24:00, Saturday 06:00-24:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Monday 09:00-18:00, Tuesday 09:00-20:00, Wednesday 09:00-20:00, Thursday 09:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-20:00, Saturday 09:00-20:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- Monday 09:00-20:00, Tuesday 09:00-20:00, Wednesday 09:00-20:00, Thursday 09:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-20:00, Saturday 09:00-18:00, Sunday 10:30-16:00
- Monday 09:00-20:00, Tuesday 09:00-20:00, Wednesday 09:00-20:00, Thursday 09:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-19:00, Saturday 09:00-19:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
Description and tips
Where is located tesco new oscott extra, does tesco new oscott extra open on saturdays.
Yes, Tesco New Oscott Extra is open on saturday from 00:00 to 00:00. You can get there <a href="#opening-times">at the times indicated</a>.
Is Tesco in Sutton Coldfield open on Sundays?
Yes, Tesco in Sutton Coldfield is open on sunday from 10:00 to 16:00. Not all services may be available on Sundays. However, this place is one of the few ones to be open on Sundays.
Nearby Tesco New Oscott Extra in Sutton Coldfield:
- Tesco Boldmere Rd Express in Sutton Coldfield, Boldmere Road at 0.7 miles
- Tesco Kingstanding Birmingham Express in Birmingham, Hawthorn Road at 1.3 miles
- Tesco Birmingham Rd Sutton Express in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham Road at 1.4 miles
- Tesco Erdington Esso Express in Birmingham, Sutton Road at 1.7 miles
- Tesco Erdington Six Ways Express in Birmingham, Gravelly Hill at 2 miles
- Tesco Streetly Express in Sutton Coldfield, Chester Road at 2.3 miles
- Tesco Coldfield Esso Express in Sutton Coldfield, Whitehouse Common Road at 2.8 miles
- Tesco Aston Ln Superstore in Birmingham, Aston Lane at 2.8 miles
- Tesco Walsall Rd Express in Sutton Coldfield, Walsall Road at 2.8 miles
- Tesco Great Barr Express in Birmingham, Hamstead Road at 3.6 miles
- Tesco Castle Bromwich Express in Birmingham, unknown address at 4 miles
- Tesco Birmingham Hodge Hill Superstore in Birmingham, Coleshill Road at 4.1 miles
- Pets at Home Sutton Coldfield store in Sutton Coldfield, Princess Alice Drive, Unit E Princess Retail Park at 0 miles
- Boots Sutton Coldfield Princess Alice Drive in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, Princess Alice Dr at 0.1 miles
- Halfords in Sutton Coldfield, Unit 1A Princess Alice Drive at 0.1 miles
- Homebase Birmingham Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, 75 Chester Road at 0.1 miles
- KFC Birmingham Oscott in Sutton Coldfield, Sutton Coldfield, Princess Alice Drive at 0.1 miles
- Marks & Spencer Princess Park Simply Food in New Oscott, Princes Park Chester Road North, Princess Park Simply Food at 0.1 miles
- Next Sutton Coldfield - Princess Alice in Sutton Coldfield, Unit F, Princess Alice Drive at 0.1 miles
- Costcutter Chester Road, Birmingham in Sutton Coldfield, 22 Chester Road at 0.1 miles
- Costcutter Chester Road, in Sutton Coldfield, 22 Chester Road at 0.1 miles
- Post Office New Oscott - Sutton Coldfield (West Midlands) in Sutton Coldfield, 22 Chester Road at 0.1 miles
- Lidl in Sutton Coldfield, 33 Kings Road at 0.2 miles
- Poundland Sutton Coldfield Retail Park in Sutton Coldfield, Princess Alice Drive at 0.2 miles
Tesco Bank Travel Money Review: Is It Safe? How Does It Work? What Are the Rates?
Co-Founder of Monito and money transfer expert, François has been helping Monito’s users navigate the jungle of money transfer fees, bad exchange rates and tricks for the last ten years.
Links on this page may earn us an affiliate commission. This does not affect the opinions and recommendations of our editors.
Is Tesco Travel Money the best option for sending money abroad? Compare your options to make sure you get the best exchange rate and lowest fees for your transfer.
What Monito Likes About Tesco Travel Money
- Wide availability across the U.K.
- A range of currency exchange services
- Tesco Bank Travel Money services are safe, secure and regulated
What Monito Dislikes About Tesco Travel Money
- Exchange rates can be considerably more expensive than the base exchange rate or exchange rates from other providers
- Local bureau de change rates can be more expensive still and you can only get these rates by visiting a Tesco bureau de change
Compare Tesco To Cheaper Travel Money Cards Now
Read our in-depth guide for the best travel cards in the UK, such as Revolut , that can reduce or eliminate foreign transaction fees, ATM fees, and expensive currency conversion fees.
Our Independent Review of Tesco Bank Travel Money
Tesco Bank Travel Money is a currency exchange provider that offers foreign currency services. As part of the largest supermarket chain in the U.K., Tesco Bank is very widely available with over 360 in-store money exchange locations and pre-order money collection from over 550 Tesco stores. They have minimum order amounts of £50 and maximum order amounts of £2,500. You can exchange money for more than 120 currencies.
Tesco travel money is provided through a partnership with Travelex .
Tesco Bank Click and Collect for Foreign Currency
You can choose to order foreign currency online through your Tesco bank account. You can then have the money delivered directly to your home address or to a Tesco store. If you order euros or U.S. dollars before 2 PM, you can pick them up the next day from most Tesco Travel Money locations. Other currencies can take up to five days. You can also order any currency for the next weekday delivery to most Tesco customer service desks.
You can choose a collection date for picking up your money and you’ll need to bring a valid photo ID—either a passport, or a full UK photographic driving license. You’ll also need to bring the card that you used to place the order.
Tesco Bank Currency Exchange at Local Bureaux de Change
Tesco Bank also provides immediate money exchange at 360 in-store locations across the U.K. Many of these locations are open seven days a week with same-day collections on many popular currencies.
Tesco Bank Home Delivery for Travel Money
If you order foreign currency before 2 PM from Monday to Thursday, you can get next day home delivery to most homes in the U.K. Orders of £500 or more and there’s a £3.95 delivery charge for orders under that amount. You will need to have someone available to sign for the delivery.
Tesco Bank Prepaid Currency Card
Tesco Bank offers a “Cash Passport” travel card. You can load up to seven currencies on the card including euros, U.S. dollars, U.K. pounds, South African rands, Australian dollars, Canadian dollars and New Zealand dollars. Tesco Bank does not charge a commission on foreign purchases, although there is a 2% fee if you use the card in the U.K. The travel money card is only available at a Tesco Bank location.
Tesco Bank International Money Transfer
Tesco Bank allows you to send money to an international account so you can make a payment or deposit money with family or friends. Tesco Bank has a partnership with MoneyGram . This means you can send money to over 200 countries around the world. MoneyGram can’t be used for business transactions.
You can send money through the MoneyGram app or by paying with a debit card or cash at a Tesco Bank location. Beneficiaries can get money deposited into their bank account, transferred to a mobile wallet or they can pick it up in cash at a MoneyGram agent location. Money transfers can take anything from a few minutes to a couple of working days.
You can also collect 50 Tesco Clubcard points every time you send £50 or more.
No Card Fees Charged by Tesco Bank
Whether you buy online or in-store, Tesco Bank does not charge any card processing fees, although you may be charged by your card provider.
Tesco Bank Price Guarantee
Tesco Bank provides a price match guarantee on local bureau de change orders. This does not apply to online orders. Here’s what Tesco Bank says about its price guarantee:
“If you find a better exchange rate advertised by another provider within three miles of your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau, on the same day, we'll match it.
Price Match only applies in store on a like-for-like basis on sell transactions and does not apply to any exchange rate advertised online or by phone. This is not available in conjunction with any other offer. We reserve the right to verify the rate you have found and the three-mile distance (using an appropriate route planning tool).”
Tesco Travel Money Fees & Exchange Rates
In most cases, Tesco Bank makes its money on the difference between the “base,” interbank* exchange rate and the exchange rate that they charge to you. However, some services such as international money transfers do incur additional fees.
*The interbank rate is also known as the mid-market or standard exchange rate, which is the midpoint between the buying and the selling prices of the two currencies.
Click and Collect Fees
There is no additional fee for Click and Collect orders, although if you cancel a Click and Collect order less than 24 hours before your collection date you will be charged a £10 late cancellation fee.
Tesco Bank Travel Money Money Card Fees
- Tesco Bank does not charge a commission on foreign purchases, although there is a 2% fee if you use the card in the U.K.
- There is a fee for ATM withdrawals as follows: GB £1.50, EU €1.75, US $2.30, AU $2.30, CA $2.40, NZ $3.00, ZA R20. Some cash machine operators charge an extra fee
- There may be other fees associated with the travel money card, you can get details of these fees from a Tesco Bank location
Tesco Bank Travel Money Money Card Limits
Tesco Bank locations will have details on any limits applicable to your travel money card.
Overseas Money Transfer Fees
Tesco Bank has a partnership with MoneyGram and they do charge a fee for sending money directly to some countries. Typically, the fee charged by MoneyGram is £3.99.
About Fees Levied by Banks
Certain fees may be levied by banks when you are transferring money to another account. These fees are outside the control of Tesco Bank Travel Money. Circumstances, where banks may charge additional fees, include:
- Wire transfers into or out of sender or beneficiary accounts
- Transfers that are sent via SWIFT or certain other banking protocols
- Beneficiary banks charge a fee to receive a transfer
- Intermediary banks charge fees to process money in transit
These fees could mean that the beneficiary receives less money than stated by Tesco Bank Travel Money due to circumstances beyond Tesco Bank Travel Money’s control. If you want to understand what these extra fees are likely to be, please contact your bank and the beneficiary's bank.
Tesco Bank Travel Money Exchange Rates for Online Travel Money
Tesco does offer better exchange rates the more you order. You can start to access these better exchange rates when you buy £800 or more of foreign currency.
Tesco Bank Travel Money makes most of its money on the difference between the exchange rate they offer to customers and the base exchange rate. For example, the base rate to convert U.K pounds into euros is 1.146 euros per pound. Tesco Bank Travel Money offers an exchange rate of 1.125 euros per pound, a difference of 2%. That means if you’re exchanging 1,000 pounds into euros, you’ll pay an exchange rate fee of around £20.
Here are some other examples:
Exchanging 1,000 U.K. Pounds Into Australian Dollars
- Base exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 1,862 AUD
- Tesco Bank Travel Money online exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 1,819 AUD
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 2.3% more expensive, or around 23 GBP in exchange rate fees
Exchanging 1,000 U.K. Pounds Into Danish Krone
- Base exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 8,560 DKK
- Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 8,107 DKK
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 5.2% more expensive, or around 52 GBP in exchange rate fees
Exchanging 1,000 U.K. Pounds Into U.S. Dollars
- Base exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 1,265 USD
- Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate, 1,000 GBP converts to 1,244 USD
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 1.7% more expensive, or around 17 GBP in exchange rate fees
If you’re purchasing currency online or you want to transfer money to an overseas account, you can get much better deals by comparing specialist currency exchange providers . Several money exchange services have overall fees of 1% or lower, even when taking into account differences in exchange rates.
All of the Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rates quoted in this section are based on their online rates for converting money for home delivery or store pickup. Local bureau de change rates may vary and are likely to be more expensive than what we quote here. All rates correct as of early October 2019.
Tesco Bank Travel Money Exchange Rates for International Money Transfers
Here are the rates Tesco Bank charges for sending money to foreign bank accounts through MoneyGram.
Sending 500 U.K. Pounds to a Euro Account
- Base exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 573 EUR
- Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 550 EUR
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 4% more expensive, or around 20 GBP in exchange rate fees
Sending 1,000 U.K. Pounds to a South African Rand Account
- Base exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 9,343 ZAR
- Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 8,551 ZAR
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 8.5% more expensive, or around 43 GBP in exchange rate fees
Sending 1,000 U.K. Pounds to a New Zealand Dollar Account
- Base exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 999 NZD
- Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate, 500 GBP converts to 937 NZD
- The Tesco Bank Travel Money exchange rate is 6.3% more expensive, or around 31 GBP in exchange rate fees
Note that you will need to pay a Tesco Bank Travel Money international money transfer fee, typically £3.99, to send money to a foreign account.
All of the Tesco Bank Travel Money / MoneyGram exchange rates quoted in this section are based on their online rates for sending money to an overseas bank account. All rates correct as of early October 2019.
Comparing Tesco Bank Travel Money Rates To Other Providers
You can easily compare many money transfer services directly using our comparison tool . There are several new services that it’s worth comparing directly to Tesco Bank Travel Money.
Specialist Currency Providers for Other Destinations
You may also be able to get a better deal for money transfers when you’re sending money to certain countries. For example, if you’re sending 500 GBP to India, the beneficiary would get around 44,846 INR with Skrill compared to 44,373 INR with Tesco Bank Travel Money, a difference of around 1% or £10.
How Easy Is It To Send Money With Tesco Travel Money
Tesco Bank Travel Money services provide convenient local and online currency exchange and money transfer services, combined with an international travel card.
Tesco is a very well known, trusted brand. Here’s what they say on their website.
“Tesco Travel Money ordered in-store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered No. 04621879. Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered No. 03797356. Registered Office for both companies: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Limited. Registered Office: 3rd Floor, Grainger Chambers, 3-5 Hood Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6JQ. Registered in England No. 07875693. Authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number: 900051).”
Tesco Bank Money scored very poorly for customer satisfaction on Trustpilot, achieving a score of just 1.4 out of 5 across more than 600 reviews. Around 11% of reviews said that they were “excellent” or “great” compared to 88% of reviews that said they were “poor” or “bad.” Note that these reviews were across Tesco Bank Money as a whole, not just for travel money or currency or online overseas transfers.
We could not find any positive reviews for Tesco Bank’s travel money service.
There were numerous negative reviews including problems with discrepancies in the amount of foreign currency received, complaints about customer service and issues of the late arrival of travel money. A typical review was, “Ordered travel money from Tesco. When counting the travel money, a significant amount was missing coming to the approximate value of £35. Tesco investigated and found no discrepancies. So I am £35 out of pocket due to their incompetence. Do not order travel money off Tesco.”
How Tesco Bank Travel Money works
If you want to pick up travel money in person, the individual who ordered the travel money must collect it. You will need to have an order reference number and the card you used to pay for your order. You will also need to know your card's PIN to verify your order. You should also have a valid photo ID like a passport, full photographic driving license or an EU ID card.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a money transfer with MoneyGram.
- If you have a MoneyGram account you can log in, otherwise, you will need to create a new account
- Decide how much you’d like to send and where you want to send it to
- Enter all the required information about the beneficiary, this might include their name, address, bank account details, and other personal data
- Tell MoneyGram how the beneficiary wants to get their money—through a bank transfer, cash pickup, or via some other means
- Agree to the MoneyGram exchange rate and any fees
- Pay for your transfer
- Enter your information to verify your identity
Whatever your plans in Europe, buy your Euros before you go, so you're ready to explore from the moment you arrive.
- Clubcard Prices Clubcard Prices
Clubcard Prices are available for all currencies, just enter your Clubcard number on the next page. Full T&Cs below.
- Purchase instantly Purchase instantly
Conveniently purchase currency or prepaid travel money cards in-store at Tesco.
- Home Delivery Home Delivery
Free delivery on orders worth £500 or more.
Exchange rates may vary during the day and will vary whether buying in store, online or via phone.
Error: Please select if you have a Clubcard to continue
Do you have a Tesco Clubcard?
How much would you like?
Error: Please enter an amount between £75 and £2,500
Buy Euros online and collect them from selected Tesco stores
Heading to europe pick up your euros with the weekly shop..
If you need to exchange pounds for Euros for your next trip, why not give Click & Collect a try?
We offer next day collection for many currencies if you order before 2pm. You'll get a choice of collection dates when you place your order and these can vary depending on the store. So it's worth checking nearby alternatives if you don't see a date that suits.
Find a Store to get your Travel Money
With Click & Collect you can order your travel money online and pick it up from selected Tesco stores near you, or you can buy instantly from an in-store travel money bureau.
Enter a postcode or location
10% off our Travel Insurance when you buy Tesco Travel Money
As a little thank you, when you buy your travel money with us, we’ll give you a voucher code for 10% off our Travel Insurance. The code is for new policies only when you buy direct and must be redeemed by 31 January 2024.
Plus, Clubcard members can get this discount as well as their Clubcard discount. These are applied consecutively.
See additional T&Cs below
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance is arranged and administered by Rock Insurance Services Limited and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A. Travelex Agency Services Limited and Travelex Currency Services Limited are Introducer Appointed Representatives of Tesco Personal Finance plc for Travel Insurance.
How far could your Euros go?
Palma de Mallorca – Spain
- Mid-range three-course meal for two: €47.50 Mid-range three-course meal for two: €47.50
- Cappuccino: €2.06 Cappuccino: €2.06
- 0.5 litre of beer: €2.50 0.5 litre of beer: €2.50
- Soft drink: €1.87 Soft drink: €1.87
- Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.07 Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.07
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): €4.00 Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): €4.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €0.97 Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €0.97
- One-way ticket on local transport: €1.50 One-way ticket on local transport: €1.50
- Litre of petrol: €1.37 Litre of petrol: €1.37
Information sourced from Numbeo.com, March 2021.
Paris – France
- Mid-range three-course meal for two: €60.00 Mid-range three-course meal for two: €60.00
- Cappuccino: €3.67 Cappuccino: €3.67
- 0.5 litre of beer: €7.00 0.5 litre of beer: €7.00
- Soft drink: €3.09 Soft drink: €3.09
- Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.83 Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.83
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): €5.00 Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): €5.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €1.50 Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €1.50
- One-way ticket on local transport: €1.90 One-way ticket on local transport: €1.90
- Litre of petrol: €1.50 Litre of petrol: €1.50
Florence – Italy
- Mid-range three-course meal for two: €60.00
- Cappuccino: €1.29
- 0.5 litre of beer: €5.00
- Soft drink: €2.36
- Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.53
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): €3.55
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €0.99
- One-way ticket on local transport: €1.50
- Litre of petrol: €1.49
Amsterdam – Netherlands
- Mid-range three-course meal for two: €75.00 Mid-range three-course meal for two: €75.00
- Cappuccino: €3.34 Cappuccino: €3.34
- 0.5 litre of beer: €5.00 0.5 litre of beer: €5.00
- Soft drink: €2.71 Soft drink: €2.71
- Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.78 Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.78
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €2.35 Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): €2.35
- One-way ticket on local transport: €3.20 One-way ticket on local transport: €3.20
- Litre of petrol: €1.67 Litre of petrol: €1.67
Dublin – Ireland
- Mid-range three-course meal for two: €69.00 Mid-range three-course meal for two: €69.00
- Cappuccino: €3.43 Cappuccino: €3.43
- 0.5 litre of beer: €5.50 0.5 litre of beer: €5.50
- Soft drink: €1.81 Soft drink: €1.81
- Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.45 Loaf of fresh white bread (500g): €1.45
- One-way ticket on local transport: €3.00 One-way ticket on local transport: €3.00
- Litre of petrol: €1.34 Litre of petrol: €1.34
Buy before you fly
Benefits of planning ahead.
It's always a good idea to have some Euros handy for essentials like food, drink, tips and transport when you arrive.
Buying your Euros before you head off means you won’t need to worry about finding an ATM while you’re away. You’ll also be able to avoid any additional withdrawal charges.
It’s worth remembering that foreign exchange rates can go up and down. When you buy your Euros in advance, you can be sure of the rate you are going to get. Withdrawing cash abroad may not give you the same exchange rate.
Get your currency when it’s convenient for you
You can use Click & Collect to arrange a time to pick up your Euros as part of your weekly shop, either from a Tesco Travel Money bureau or customer service desks. You can also use our home delivery service, which is free for online orders of £500 or more.
Exchange rates can change throughout the day and may vary depending on whether you buy in-store, online, or over the phone.
Some common questions about the Euro
The Euro is used in a range of European countries. It was created by the European Union in 1999 and launched in 2002, when it replaced the local currencies of most EU member states. So, when you travel to Italy or Spain, you need Euros to spend while you’re there instead of Lira or Peseta.
The Euro is used by a wide range of countries, most of them member states of the European Union – although some non-member countries use it too. If you’re travelling to the following countries, you can expect to use Euros:
- Austria Austria
- Belgium Belgium
- Croatia Croatia
- Cyprus Cyprus
- Estonia Estonia
- Finland Finland
- France France
- Germany Germany
- Greece Greece
- Ireland Ireland
- Italy Italy
- Latvia Latvia
- Luxembourg Luxembourg
- Malta Malta
- The Netherlands The Netherlands
- Portugal Portugal
- Slovakia Slovakia
- Slovenia Slovenia
- Spain Spain
There are also some non-euro member states that have agreed to use the Euro. They are:
- Andorra Andorra
- Monaco Monaco
- San Marino San Marino
- Vatican City Vatican City
Notes come in 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 euros. 500-Euro notes are no longer being printed, but existing banknotes remain legal tender and can continue to be used.
There are eight denominations of Euro coins: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents, plus 1 and 2 Euros. Euro coins have a common side (the tail) and a national side (the head), which features country-specific designs. Regardless of the country of design, the coins can be used anywhere the Euro is accepted.
Euro coins and banknotes were designed by the European Central Bank to be attractive, secure and user-friendly. They all clearly have the amount of money they represent printed as part of the design.
The first series of banknotes was created to celebrate the Ages and styles of Europe and features bridges and buildings that are inspired by European architecture. The second series, called the Europa series, reworked the original designs to include more security features.
From 1 January 2023, Croatia replaced the local currency, the Croatian kuna, with the euro. This means that Croatia is the 20th country to join the eurozone, almost 10 years after initially joining the European Union.
Croatia has also joined the European Union’s borderless Schengen zone, allowing people to travel freely between member countries without going through border controls.
Looking for a different currency?
We sell over 50 currencies. Order online for home delivery or collect from selected Tesco stores.
- Card fees and cancellations
- Currency buy back
- Key product information
- Travel Insurance offer additional T&Cs
- Travel Money Clubcard Prices online additional T&Cs
Buying foreign currency using a credit or debit card
No matter how you purchase your travel money, whether it be in store, online or over the phone, you will not be charged any card handling fee by us. However, regardless of your card type, your card provider may apply fees, e.g. cash advance fees or other fees, so please check with them before you purchase your travel money.
Click & Collect cancellations
You can cancel a Click & Collect order any time prior to collection. We'll refund you with the full Sterling amount that you paid for your order, unless you cancel less than 24 hours before your collection date, in which case we'll charge a £10 late cancellation fee.
We are unable to refund any fees charged by your card issuer, so please contact them if you have any further queries.
When you get home, we'll buy your travel money back
Let us turn your unspent holiday money into Pounds. It couldn't be simpler.
Just pop into one of our in-store Travel Money Bureaux when you get home. We buy back all the currencies we sell in most banknote values and also the Multi-currency Cash Passport™. Buy back rates may vary during the day.
It doesn't matter where you bought your travel money, even if it wasn't from a Tesco Travel Money Bureau, we'll still buy it back.
More about currency buy back
Tesco Travel Money is provided by Travelex
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered No. 04621879. Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered No. 03797356. Registered Office for both companies: Worldwide House, Thorpewood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Multi-currency Cash Passport is issued by PrePay Technologies Limited pursuant to license by Mastercard® International. PrePay Technologies Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (FRN: 900010) for the issuing of electronic money and payment instruments. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
The voucher code should be entered or quoted when you buy your travel insurance – there is no cash alternative. The code is not valid if you buy through any cashback or price comparison website and only one voucher code can be used per quote. The discount cannot be applied to existing policies or renewals. Not available with Tesco colleague discount and doesn’t apply to Later Life policies or product add-ons. The voucher code can’t be used in conjunction with any other voucher codes or promotional offers.
Clubcard Prices are available on the sell rate only for currencies in stock online, on your date of purchase. The Clubcard Price will be better than the standard rate advertised online on the date of purchase. When purchasing online you must enter a valid Clubcard number to obtain the Clubcard Price rate. Exchange rates may vary whether buying in store, online or by phone.
Clubcard Prices apply to foreign currency notes in stock on your date of online purchase. Due to constant market and currency fluctuations, rates on the date of purchase cannot be compared to another day’s rates. The actual rate you receive may vary depending on market fluctuations. Clubcard data is captured by Travelex on behalf of Tesco Bank.
Other customers have been asking:
If you've got a problem or query on your order, get in touch with us. We're here to help.
Are you based in the United States? Select your country to see jobs specific to your location.
Tesco Travel Money Advisor
Tesco Travel Money Advisor - Tesco Bank New Oscott- Part Time
Job Type: Permanent/Part Time
Hours per week: 16
Salary: £11.50 per hour + Monthly Bonus
Working Patterns: This job is perfect for those who are flexible and able to work a variety of shifts between Monday to Sunday. Depending on your team, you will receive a monthly or weekly rota.
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata). Bank holidays and the opportunity to gain more days the longer you are a part of Travelex, as well as the option to buy more days
- Employee discount platform with Everyday Rewards by Bravo at hundreds of shops & online stores
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life & Dental Insurance, Critical Illness Cover
Current Job Not Taking You Places?
Exchange your job for a new career with limitless destinations at Travelex.
Travelex attributes its success and growth down to its hard-working people. It's their desire to deliver exception results, service, and positive experiences to our customers every day that sets us apart from the rest. If you identify yourself as someone who truly cares about providing exemplary service, loves to travel and enjoys sharing your knowledge and experience with others then we want you as our next Travel Service Partner (RSA).
As an integral part of the Tesco Team, you will be placed at the heart of a bustling Retail environment, supporting our retail customers with their Foreign Exchange options and ensuring that their travel experience starts off in the best way possible. We want to ensure that we are there to support our customer by being adaptable to their requirements and delivering on our promise to fulfil their travel money needs!
What will you be doing?
- Nurturing and forming relationships with customers to gain a better understanding of their travel and currency requirements then tailoring their experience based on their destination
- Establishing yourself as a travel money ambassador and their trusted advisor, providing support and advice on great Travelex products and services
- Engaging with customers to process all foreign exchange transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Delivering on key performance goals both procedural, operational and customer focused
- Utilising your keen eye for detail to process daily online FX request and deliveries
- Implementing best practice legal and regulatory standards and adhering to Travelex compliance procedures
What do I need to have?
- Numerically proficient - You'll need to have a firm grasp of numbers as you'll be handling large amounts of cash and covering vast amounts of currency regularly daily
- IT proficient - You'll be dealing with computers and in house till systems and ordering systems throughout the day. You will receive full training on our systems, however a basic understanding will give you a great start.
- Great Communicator - You'll find talking with people and building relationships comes naturally to you. You'll not only be a great talker, but a good listener who is understanding of people and their needs.
- Desire to succeed - You'll have the drive and vision to want to make a difference, to enjoy what you do, care about the impact you have and the way you make people feel.
What does the interview process look like?
- Step 1 - Our team of hiring managers will review your application and get in touch with you if they think your experience fits the brief and conduct an initial screening call.
- Step 2 - You'll be invited to a face-to-face or Teams interview at the Tesco Bureau to meet with our Bureau Manager. Here we'll give you more insight into Travelex and the role whilst finding out a bit more about you. Given you'd be working with vast amounts of money on a regular basis they'll also be a small numerical test too that'll you'll complete.
- Step 3 - If successful we'll reach out and offer the opportunity to join Travelex as our newest employee. If you're unsuccessful, we'll still reach out to you to provide detailed feedback. We owe you that much as an employer who's dedicated your time to meet with us.
We are one of the market leading specialist providers of foreign exchange. Founded in 1976 and differentiated by our brand and market footprint, over the past 45 years we have built a network of foreign exchange stores and developed Travelex as a trusted and widely recognised brand in international money. Our mission is to simplify our customers' access to international money, however and whenever.
Exciting? We think so! Your journey starts here, so take the first step to become part of the Travelex Team by clicking apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Stats for this job
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Popular searches, country selection.