- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Virtual Vacations: An Insider Look at the Best Northern Lights Tours
For many folks, glimpsing the Northern Lights is a top-tier bucket list dream — and for good reason. Even in pictures, the sight is simply mesmerizing. On the other hand, photographs are a safe bet: we’ve all heard the tales of folks traveling to faraway places only to end up disappointed because they didn’t plan accordingly.
Here, we’re giving you a chance to see the Northern Lights virtually, but we’re also delving into the best livestreams, tours, and must-book accommodations to fulfill all of your Aurora Borealis-viewing dreams. Start daydreaming now so that, one day soon, you’ll be able to turn that wanderlust into an unforgettable trip to see the Northern Lights.
What Are the Northern Lights?
Before you go on your virtual or real-life visit, it’s always good to brush up on your knowledge, especially when that knowledge pertains to an astrological phenomenon. So, what exactly happens during a Northern Lights show?
Known as Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights occur when sun particles collide with the Earth’s magnetic field. The top and bottom of the field are curved, touching the Earth at its poles since the magnetic field is weaker in those places.
Once the collision occurs, the particles make the unique light spectacle we known as the Northern Lights. The lights are typically yellow and green — the color is produced by oxygen molecules, which can be found 60 miles above Earth’s surface. However, there are many other (slightly rarer) colors associated with the Aurora Borealis. For example, oxygen located 200 miles above Earth’s surface produces red auroras, while nitrogen produces blue or purple auroras.
These Are the Ideal Conditions for the Northern Lights
Most often, the lights are visible from early August to late April. But, the truth is, you’ll need to strategically plan your visit to get the most out of this phenomenon. If you’re not a fan of long, cold nights, this won’t work in your favor since the best time to take a trip is some time between November and March. However, these months also tend to have the most snow, which could make your trip slightly unpredictable.
To see the best of the Aurora Borealis you’ll need:
- A clear, cloudless night
- A good location, away from cities and light pollution
- Warm clothes
- Patience — after all, you may need to wait for quite a while!
As we all know, weather can be very unpredictable. With this in mind, it’s a good idea to follow the Aurora Borealis forecast in order to truly determine whether or not your visit will reward you with a clear sight of the Northern Lights.
Captivating Places to Watch Aurora Borealis From
If virtual isn’t your thing and you still prefer to see the lights live, there are a couple of places that will give you the best possible views of the Northern Lights. Known as the “Aurora Zone,” these places include Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada. Each country has a couple of places that will give you a clear view of the lights — well, so long as the conditions are working in your favor, of course.
No matter where you try, you should always get as far away from nearby cities; even the slightest pollution can impact visibility. If you feel uncomfortable embarking on a Northern Lights trek on your own, we recommend taking a tour. After all, sometimes that professional guide can really give you a leg up in securing the best available view.
Finland: In Finland, the Northern Lights are visible 200 days a year. In fact, it’s considered one of the best locations to get a magical view. If you want the best spot possible, go north and visit the Utsjoki village. One of the best accommodations to enjoy a private view of the lights is the charming Aurora River House .
Sweden: September is an ideal time for watching the Northern Lights in Sweden. For the best view, you should head far north to the town of Kiruna. If you’re looking to enjoy the Aurora Borealis from your doorstep (and cuddle with some huskies while doing so), book your stay at Husky Dreams .
Norway: From September to April, Norway is a fabulous spot to see the Northern Lights. Without a doubt, the most popular location is Tromso, which boasts many wonderful accommodations that allow you to watch the show from a fireside window.
Iceland: Iceland is a popular destination for Aurora Borealis enthusiasts. Reykjavík is a perfect location; however, as it’s a city, you may find that taking a Northern Lights tour with a professional will allow you to get the best possible view.
Greenland: With 300 clear nights per year, Greenland’s Kangerlussuaq is one of the most popular Aurora Borealis destinations. Because you can’t stay at Kangerlussuaq, a guided tour is best.
Canada: Last but not least, is Canada, which also gives you a chance to see the lights in action. Yellowknife is reportedly one of the best places in the world to witness the Northern Lights in person. In fact, you can find accommodations that allow you to enjoy the view right from your balcony.
Take a Virtual Vacation Instead
So, what if you really want to see the Northern Lights in the summer? Well, thanks to some innovative technology, you can! We recommend trying a 360 virtual tour or watching one of many high-definition Aurora Borealis videos, all of which will leave a lasting impression.
Looking for something a little more spur of the moment? You can also enjoy livestreams of the Northern Lights from many locations described above. Not only is this a fun way to enjoy the spectacle from home, but livestreams are a great way to learn more about planning an in-person trip. Thanks to the power of YouTube’s livestreams, you can see the Aurora Borealis from several different perspectives and easily travel from one place to another, all from the comfort of your sofa.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- Anderson, Indiana
- Arts & Concerts
- Current Students
- VIRTUAL EXPERIENCES
Visit AU from anywhere in the world!
My College Career Quiz
We want your college career to be meaningful. That’s why we created the My College Career Quiz, designed to help you discover your top career types, explore corresponding majors, and make an informed decision when choosing the one that’s right for you.
If you’re trying to decide where to visit, and are looking for something you can do at your own pace, then watch this mini-visit with Nii Abrahams.
Virtually Visit Anderson University
There are no upcoming events to display.
- Choose a Degree Level Diploma Certificate Associate Bachelor's Continuing Education Graduate Certificate Master's Doctoral Post-doctoral Certificate
- Choose a Category Art and Design Business Criminal Justice and Legal Education General Studies Healthcare Information Technology Psychology Science and Engineering Trade Skills
- Choose a Subject Animation / Game Design Architecture / Urban Planning Art and Illustration Audio / Visual Production Digital Design Drafting Fashion Design / Merchandising Fine Arts Graphic / Visual Arts Interior Design Performing Arts Photography / Film Studies Radio and Television Theater Web Design / Multimedia Accounting / Finance Administrative Professional Business Administration / Management Business Information Systems Communications / Public Relations Economics Entrepreneurship Hospitality / Tourism Human Resources International Business Marketing MBA Office Management Organizational Management Project Management Retail and Sales Supply Chain Management Corrections Court Reporting Criminal Investigation Criminal Justice Administration Emergency and Fire Management Fire Protection Forensics Homeland Security / Public Safety Law Degree Law Enforcement / Security Paralegal / Legal Studies Public Administration Adult Education Continuing Education Curriculum and Instruction Early Childhood Education Educational Leadership Elementary Education English as a Second Language Higher Education Instructional Technology Secondary Education Special Education Teacher Education Technology in Education English Foreign Language Geography History Humanities Liberal Arts Philosophy and Religious Studies Political and Social Sciences Religious Studies Alternative Therapy Athletic Training Dental Diet / Nutrition Emergency Medicine Health Information Systems Health Science Health Services Healthcare Administration / Management Massage Therapy Medical Assisting Medical Coding & Billing Medical Technologist Medical Technology Medicine Nursing Nutrition and Wellness Pharmacy Physical Therapy / Respiratory Therapy Public Health Veterinary Studies Computer Science / Programming Data Management Database Administration Information Systems Library Science Networking / Security Technical Support Web Development / Internet Aeronautics Agriculture Biology Engineering Environment / Natural Resources Industrial Technology Mathematics Physical Sciences Addiction Studies Child and Family Studies Child Development Counseling Psychology Social Science Social Work Automotive Technology / Mechanic Aviation Technology / Pilot Career Training CDL / Heavy Equipment Operation / Repair Conservation Construction Management Construction Trades Cosmetology Craftsman Trades Culinary Arts Electronic / Computer Technology Esthetics High School Diploma Life Skills / Hobbies Marine Technology / Captain Mechanics Military / ROTC Other Trades Real Estate Secondary Diplomas & Certificates Welding / Fabrication
- Sponsored Schools
- Anderson University South Carolina /
- Student Life
Anderson University South Carolina Virtual Tour
Are you considering anderson university south carolina take a virtual tour of the campus below..
A visit to Anderson University South Carolina is ideal, but virtual tours can act to refresh your memory or as a preview for your on-site tour.
What's in it for me?
Inevitably, on-campus tours of classrooms, libraries, dorms, and dining halls will start to blend. Jog your memory using the virtual tour and even explore the area surrounding the campus using the interactive mapping tool. If you're just beginning your college search, a virtual tour can be a great way to get a feel for a campus before your visit. Remember, when you do go, be sure to ask current students about their college life. A student perspective can be the most helpful way to gauge your future experience at Anderson University South Carolina.
Use the resources below to start your virtual tour.
Using the Map
Click and drag the little orange person to a location on the map. Locations with panoramas appear as blue lines or blue dots when moving the orange person. The blue dots are panoramic views that you may swivel. The blue lines are paths that you can navigate along.
You can "pan" or "swivel" the camera around by clicking on the image and dragging your mouse or finger. If you see a white arrow on the picture, you can click or tap on it to move in the direction of the arrow. This will also update the location of the little orange person on the map so you can get a better sense of where you are and what direction you are facing.
Continue Your Research on Anderson University South Carolina
College Factual provides higher-education, college and university, degree, program, career, salary, and other helpful information to students, faculty, institutions, and other internet audiences. Presented information and data are subject to change. Inclusion on this website does not imply or represent a direct relationship with the company, school, or brand. Information, though believed correct at time of publication, may not be correct, and no warranty is provided. Contact the schools to verify any information before relying on it. Financial aid may be available for those who qualify. The displayed options may include sponsored or recommended results, not necessarily based on your preferences.
© 2022 College Factual – All Rights Reserved.
- California Privacy
- Do Not Sell My Info
2022-2023 tuition, enrollment statistics, admission requirements, sports and athletics, men's sports.
- Men's Baseball
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Lacrosse
- Men's Soccer
- Men's Tennis
- Men's Track & Field
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Golf
- Women's Soccer
- Women's Softball
- Women's Tennis
- Women's Track & Field
- Women's Volleyball
-d denotes that program is also offered through distance education.
More than 7 million students have used campustours to find virtual campus tours and maps..
Welcome terrace, reardon auditorium, nicholson library, st. vincent anderson regional hospital center, star trading room, covenant productions, olt student center, the marketplace, raven's haven, york performance hall, andrew w. miller chapel, morrison hall lobby, morrison hall residence, smith hall lobby, smith-martin courtyard, fair commons, york seminary village, ruth lilly pavillion, bennett natatorium, o.c. lewis gymnasium, tom and sch’ree ward fieldhouse, macholtz stadium, 1100 east fifth street | anderson, indiana 46012, © 2015 anderson university all rights reserved.
- Review Your ...
- K-12 School
- Graduate School
- Town or Neighborhood
- ANDERSON, SC
Anderson University - South Carolina
- grade B+ Overall Grade
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 984 reviews
- Academics grade B+
- Value grade B
- Diversity grade B minus
- Campus grade A minus
- Athletics grade B
- Party Scene grade D+
- Professors grade B
- Location grade C+
- Dorms grade A minus
- Campus Food grade B+
- Student Life grade B
- Safety grade B+
- SAT/ACT Optional
- Some Online Degrees
- South Carolina
You’re standing at a crossroad.
The decision you’re about to make is one that will set the course of your life in a profound way. We want to be a part of your journey.
These are the pillars upon which Anderson University was built and continues to thrive. But a #TrueToAU experience is so much more than that.
This is our invitation to you. Discover why our students are so engaged in campus culture and the ways in which you’ll find yourself an integral part of it. As South Carolina’s largest private institution of higher learning, Anderson University provides an accessible, comprehensive, and rigorous education where you are encouraged, strengthened, and nurtured in your faith.
This is your journey.
Where will it take you?
- Academics at AU
- Explore Majors
- Financial Aid
First glance visit event.
Anderson University - SC
Spend a half day with us to learn more about Anderson University. This event includes an AU overview, a campus tour with student tour guides, and the opportunity to meet with one of our knowledgeable professors and/or our College Ambassadors. You will also meet with an Admission Counselor to discuss the application process and financial aid.
All Access (Overnight Visit Event)
Get the full AU experience! See why so many students have chosen to call Anderson University "home," You will receive a campus tour led by student ambassadors, take part in campus activities, enjoy dinner on campus, and much more. Parents and guests have a special session with the President and other campus leaders as they learn about the vision and future of the school while enjoying a great meal and connecting with other parents. You’ll also have an opportunity to meet with our financial aid experts.
Anderson University - South Carolina Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Best Colleges for Education in America 46 of 972
- Best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America 49 of 591
- Best Christian Colleges in America 49 of 333
- How to Apply
- Visit Campus
Will You Get In?
Will you get into anderson.
Test Scores and High School GPA for Anderson University - South Carolina See Other Colleges
Find Student Loans
Youtube video, scholarship, most popular majors.
- Nursing 102 Graduates
- Education 41 Graduates
- Marketing 32 Graduates
- Accounting 28 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Corrections 27 Graduates
- Elementary Education 26 Graduates
- Business 25 Graduates
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia 24 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science 24 Graduates
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management 20 Graduates
Four-Time Apple Distinguished School
We have been recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for continuous innovation in learning, teaching, and the school environment four consecutive times, since 2014. Our commitment to Innovation and Digital Learning has placed us squarely at the forefront of high-tech teaching, creating distinctive learning environments that have earned rave reviews from students and professors alike.
- Mix of Online and on Campus 47%
- On Campus 46%
- Christian 68%
- Accepting 20%
- Community- everyone is a big family here 56%
- AMAZING 17%
- Too oppressive 7%
- Homelike 3%
After college, anderson university - south carolina reviews.
- Rating 5 out of 5 Excellent 257 reviews ( 26 %)
- Rating 4 out of 5 Very Good 362 reviews ( 37 %)
- Rating 3 out of 5 Average 296 reviews ( 30 %)
- Rating 2 out of 5 Poor 41 reviews ( 4 %)
- Rating 1 out of 5 Terrible 28 reviews ( 3 %)
- 2 months ago
- Overall Experience
- 5 months ago
- Oct 19 2022